Hifi's

Narcosynthesis

• Members

not a strictly guitar/effects related question, but i figured most of you guys love music, so may be able to give me some advice (or at least direct me to somewhere that can), anyhoo...

my cd player died yesterday, so it is now time to replace/upgrade it, only problem being, with what.

i have an old set of speakers which should sound pretty good (wharfedale lazer 30's, god knows how old they are though) so i can use those for now if needs be

looking at a separates system, the Cambridge audio A5 looks awesome, and got a best buy in what hifi, plus its not too expensive (roughly

• Members

I would say check out some Yamaha recievers they put out some really clean and flat power. I am not sure exactly what models they provide for the EU market so I cannot name any. Also for CD players i would stay away from sony, they really are not very good at all, often they use quite cheap A/D converters. I would see if you can find a Denon, they sound quite good, even there DVD players can produce some great sounds. I hope this helps you out.

• Members

i am definately not going the ipod route, i have a sony walkman for portable music, but for home use i am sticking to cd's

i will give yamaha and denon a look, i found out there is a branch of sevenoaks sound and vision hidden away where i live that stock denon, so i might go and have a look there too

David

• Members

Originally posted by Jebus0000

Get the cambridge audio integrated and a matching cambridge audio CD player. Their stuff is great price for quality value.

been looking at the Cambridge Audio A5 for the poweramp - looks excellent and got a best buy in what hifi which must count for something

i will see how much the CA cd decks are

David

Archived