I guess I knew this was coming, but it doesn't make me any less angry....

• Members

Originally posted by EdgySwingsetAcid

Everyone bitches and gets their panties in a wad when Bush does something they don't agree with. What do you get out of doing so? Getting caught up in politics, that we can't change in any way is just making us negative, bitter {censored}ing people. politics just give us another reason to be pissed off at each other.

Just stop {censored}ing caring. Getting pissed off at Bush is like getting pissed of that coffee is dark brown. What is the point?

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149

May 7, 1918

The problem is not crooked politicians, it's bored, distracted, disinterested citizens who don't care enough to know better and act like they've been jaded by things they've never really tried to understand.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right.
Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149

May 7, 1918

The problem is not crooked politicians, it's bored, distracted, disinterested citizens who don't care enough to know better and act like they've been jaded by things they've never really tried to understand.

Nice pull!

• Members

Originally posted by kes

living in canada, i often forget that you americans are forced to make a 4 year commitment with your presidential selection, and are pretty much stuck with whoever that is. at least here in canada our House can raise a vote of nonconfidence and boot out idiots. i feel band for your country.

That doesn't work in countries like the US - that is to say, it doesn't work in countries that the rest of the world looks to for stabillity and protection, and it doesn't work in countries that are a regular force for global change.

The office of President is for 4 years (unless impeached, and that's so disruptive & costly it's better to ride it out with a doofus in charge) because in American politics, it takes time to get things done.... 4 years is barely enough time to make any real & lasting changes, and you CANNOT have the President looking over his shoulder, worried about the knee-jerk reactions of the 50% of of the country that didn't vote for him - nothing gets done that way.

The rest of the world needs to know that the President of the United States is going to be sitting in his office next week, and doing the job - how he does it, and the grade he receives from John Q. Public is almost secondary.

It's interesting to hear people in other coun tries talk about how they she be allowed to vote in US elections, since the outcome creates such a large impact on their lives, but they don't realize the chaos that would ensue if our government was run the same way as say, France, or (god help us) Italy...

• Members

Originally posted by EdgySwingsetAcid

Of course, but why waste the energy? Use that anger to write a damn song or something, instead of bitching incessantly about it to your friends and to internet forum members with the intent of appearing as some know it all political nobody.

It's human nature to "give a {censored}".

I can't believe this stuff can go on and noone the wiser. But no, it doesn't surprise me.

Actually, I pretty much follow your advice there. I honestly don't get too bothered with anything that goes on in politics. Gave up worrying a long time ago.

We're all just helpless passengers, you can scream and yell, but everyone else will just tell you to shut up and stop being annoying, and eventually you will shut up, and stop watching the road and start looking out the window without a care in the world.

It's tough to cause change when you have such a short sweet life to be getting on with.

Bush is bad though. I really do believe things would be better with Democrats running things. I'm Canadian by the way, so I'm just an onlooker. Unfortunately I have to hear about all this crazy {censored} your government gets away with, and it's a bit scary being next door to it.

• Members

Originally posted by Zer0beaT

It's human nature to "give a {censored}".

I can't believe this stuff can go on and noone the wiser. But no, it doesn't surprise me.

Actually, I pretty much follow your advice there. I honestly don't get too bothered with anything that goes on in politics. Gave up worrying a long time ago.

We're all just helpless passengers, you can scream and yell, but everyone else will just tell you to shut up and stop being annoying, and eventually you will shut up, and stop watching the road and start looking out the window without a care in the world.

It's tough to cause change when you have such a short sweet life to be getting on with.

Bush is bad though. I really do believe things would be better with Democrats running things. I'm Canadian by the way, so I'm just an onlooker. Unfortunately I have to hear about all this crazy {censored} your government gets away with, and it's a bit scary being next door to it.

Im not advocating ignorance, as I do alot of research and I hope others do, as well. Its good to form your own opinions, but so many people just bitch and bitch about how they hate the way things are. Nothing is going to change. If people want the world to change, change your own world.

Archived