OT: Seattle highlights?

dbx

• Members

Found out I'll be on an assignment in the Emerald city for the next little while...I'm bummin' heavily to be away from my kids...so Seattle/WA people what's to do in Sea-town? I've never been so I probably must checkout the Space Needle, EXP Music of course, Farmer's market...? (I'll be in the downtown area but won't have a car..) Thanks for any info...

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by sstim8or

What dates will you be here? We might have to pull together a little forum get-together.

I'm not sure but I think my gig (non-musical) will run for the next 6 weeks (M-F) starting tomorrow from what they're telling me...hmmm a get-together could be really fun! I would finally be exposed for the hack that I am...

:p

• Members

Originally posted by dbx

Thanks Stevo, that's not too far from where I'll be...shouldn't be a very expensive cab ride....

How about live music venues?

The Weather has been really good for the last well summer so uou might enjoy walking...poke your head into all the other cool bars and coffee houses down there. Check out Pioneer Square down by safeco, and the new dome. Whats it called? Pioneer Square has lots of bars with music last time I checked and you pay one cover for all the bars on the strip.

Anyway check out Marcus's down the street in pioneer square. Its in the phone book but supposedly good martinis. Check out the Metropolitan grille more (downtownish) and get a "garbage burger"?? and a smokey martini. Really tasty Martini with Nice scotch and orange twist...Always try the red hook beer.

Anyway,I'm jealous..but

I'll be in town soon from the 25th through the 3rd of oct.

enjoy.

• Members

If you're into the "high-end" type of shopping experience, there's always Westlake Center and Pacific Place (neighboring shopping buildings) as well as a host of horrifically high-priced stores along 4th and 5th Avenues. Otherwise, the Pike Place Market (what you referred to as "Farmer's Market" is absolutely a place to go. Walk down 1st Ave for a few blocks to Pioneer Square and check out Emerald City Guitars (1st and Jackson, I think it is). Great guys, usually some great gear (don't touch the AC30 - it has my name on it!).

There are tons of great places to eat/drink in Pioneer Square also. One thing you might easily overlook would be the underground Seattle tour. It's actually really really interesting to see just how horrifically STUPID Seattle's founders were in many ways. Instead of fixing and addressing problems, they'd try to patch over them with temporary "bandaids". Check out their fix for their sewage problem and you'll never look at our city the same way again... :D

One last place to go (just jump in a cab and they'll take you there) is Alki Beach. It's directly accross Elliot Bay and has a cool boardwalk, some great restaraunts, and a great Fish'n'Chips joint. If you're into Volleyball, there's usually a game or two you can get involved with down on the beach.

• Members

Thanks for the tips...so far: Mac n Jacs, Manny's Pale Ale, the Garage, Starbucks #1, Crocodile Cafe...we'll probably check out Pioneer Square tomorrow night to close out the week...I will check out Emerald City Guitars before the gig is up...(don't worry I won't snipe your AC30 :D)

Unfortunately this week it's been 10-11 hour heads down...I'm so fried by the end of the day, it's enough to stagger back to the hotel...by the time we got out Pike Place was closed...EMP has fall hours and is closed by the time we're done...

But the weather has been terrific, only today we got some clouds and a little rain...nice change from SoCal...

BTW...how's the rent prices in the downtown area?

Check out this review of Larry's in Pioneer Square....truth or fiction?

http://www.insiderpages.com/search/c8b6a87335aaa9d6f034c34ffcf6e05d/details.html

• Members

What dates will you be here? We might have to pull together a little forum get-together.

Hey man...I'll be here through at least the first week of October...maybe we can get together and at least have a few beers...

• Members
Originally posted by dbx

Hey man...I'll be here through at least the first week of October...maybe we can get together and at least have a few beers...

Sounds cool. PM your cell number or something, and we'll connect. Are you going to have wheels when you're here?

• Members

Originally posted by dbx

PM sent, how far out is Bothell? A lookup says approx 12 mi?

That's about right. I work in Bellevue though. I get over into Seattle for work sometimes. If we do the "hang at Jake's and drink beer and rawk" thing again, we can have someone pick you up.

• Members

That's about right. I work in Bellevue though. I get over into Seattle for work sometimes. If we do the "hang at Jake's and drink beer and rawk" thing again, we can have someone pick you up.

:cool: I'll bring a mini-tour box

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Mike Hunt is so 1998.

I had the TV on late and was surfing around and caught a little bit of the "show"...kinda reminds me of a more explicit "Colin's Sleazy Friends"...couldn't really get if he was really about free speech or just being able to blow smoke on camera...

• Members

Originally posted by dbx

I had the TV on late and was surfing around and caught a little bit of the "show"...kinda reminds me of a more explicit "Colin's Sleazy Friends"...couldn't really get if he was really about free speech or just being able to blow smoke on camera...

Back when I dated Art Institute girls they all told me about Mike Hunt propositions... I have been out of that scene for awhile though since 1998. I dunno we have some classic public access characters. My favorite is the guy who follows Krist Novoselic around obsessing about conspiracies...

Archived