Wikipedia Catalinbread content!?!?

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

What I wanna know is who put that page together. It is publicly maintained right? I am not complainin' just sayin' there are lotsa other cool pedals out there including true boutiques!

Hmmmm, gee I wonder who would have done it.

:)

J/K

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Hmmmm, gee I wonder who would have done it.

:)

J/K

All this time JCN I thought you were a cool guy... Projection is more a function of an individuals character than any particular grounding in reality... :D

If I had the time to figure out how to log in there to do that I would definately contribute to other "more important" topics!

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

What I wanna know is who put that page together. It is publicly maintained right? I am not complainin' just sayin' there are lotsa other cool pedals out there including true boutiques!

congrats on the add, i am a wikipedia user myself for quick up to date stuff, but yea, it is publicly maintained. you can probably get a user name for who added it via the track changes:

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki#Controlling_changes

Wikis generally are designed with the philosophy of making it easy to correct mistakes, rather than making it difficult to make them. Thus while wikis are very open, they provide a means to verify the validity of recent additions to the body of pages. The most prominent, on almost every wiki, is the "Recent Changes" page

• Members

Originally posted by Vere

i also just noticed someone added themselves as a notable alumnus of my college for creating the "beer olympics". is it unethical to remove him, as he is not as important as, say, a governor?

I dunno. What I like about Wiki is it is one of those things that have to democratically edited to maintain legitimacy. I do question the ethics of including yourself for any reason, seems like a clear conflict of interests. I mean the #1 competition for Microsofts Encarta or whatever it is called is Wikipedia. To me it is an illustration of democratically controlled vs. central control. It is pretty clear which is winning, however not with a profit model.

On that note in addition to expressing my true flattery of being mentioned at all, I thought that the "Effects Unit" and "Effects Pedal" pages could use a lot of info from some of you guys and gals.

Archived