Chorus without the "tin can" sound?

TheFreak

• Members

reference sound of some player you like, and some you don't

budget

pedals you've tried

etc...

Chorus should be a transparent effect, and no really play with EQ unless it is a really bad unit. Even most mass produced chorus pedals don't usually do what you're describing. Have you tried one that does?

• Members

Ones I've tried and don't like:

Boss CE-2
Ibanez Dual Chorus

I tried the Fulltone Choral Flange (or something like that). Pretty good. Tone I'm looking for is "Jackie Blue" by Ozark Mountain Daredevils (for one) Badfinger (for another), "Come As You Are" by Nirvanna.

I kinda like the Voodoo Labs Voodoo Vibe, but haven't found one to play with in person yet (heard the web blips).

• Members

Originally posted by TheFreak

.... Tone I'm looking for is "Jackie Blue" by Ozark Mountain Daredevils (for one) Badfinger (for another), "Come As You Are" by Nirvanna.....

try:

EH Small Clone

Ross Chorus

DOD 460

cobain used the Small Clone, not sure about badfinger or the ozark guys, but i've found all three i listed can/will cover that ground specifically. i can also get it with the maxon bi-chorus (presumably same/similar to the ibanez), but with the top (first?) chorus dialed out.

the arion sch-1 can get pretty near darn those tones, and has the tone control, which makes it pretty flexible.

• Members

Originally posted by TheFreak

Thanks people. I can chew on some of those suggestions for a while. I need the Trower sound, too, so a good chorus and MicroVibe outta do the trick.

If you get a chance, try a DOD 201...at high speed settings, it does a pretty sweet 'vibe' type sound and can be had pretty cheaply...

Archived