The Ultimate Bass Fuzz ...

ck3

• Members

... has to be the Grinder effect from this unit ...

Alesis_Ineko_l.jpg

I was jamming with one of the resident psychiatrists from my fiance's place of employment earlier this evening. He brought over his bass, and I assumed guitar duties. Because my home setup is so limited, he had to play through the guitar input of my DR-5 ... which happened to be linked up with my Ineko.

As our jam progressed, I tweaked the Ineko for him, shuffling through all sorts of aural wierdness. Early on, one of the effects that we tinkered with was the Grinder. It made his bass sound like a nuclear explosion, only he was still able to slap and pop with a reasonable amount of clarity. The gating of this effect was a wee bit awkward at times, but the adjustable resonance parameter allowed me to hone its response to his playing.

I now have yet another reason to hang onto my Inkeo indefintely ... :D ... or at least until I find an Akira. :o

Anyhoo, delorean, et al. ... this may be the eulsive "bass fuzz of your dreams". It gives a bass a grungetastic, fuzzy tone with all ends of the frequency spectrum intact. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

*runs off to try this*

also,
this?

:cool:

Try not to blow any speakers. :D

Is that activemusician joint legit? That is probably the best price I have ever seen for one of those. :eek:

(Now I just need to go whore myself down on Melon St. so I can afford one.)

Archived