My Psychedelic Space Rock Rig

desertlimosine

• Members

This is my setup (minus keyboard):

230869813_l.jpg

strobostomp->super crybaby->Boss LS2->OC-2->Vexter Fuzz Factory->TS-9->Danelectro Daddy-O->Ibanez AD-9->Marshall Super Vibe->Digitech Reverb->Line6 DL4->Line6 Trem-> Peavy Delta Blues 210

230877086_l.jpg

Samick Body, Carvin neck, Ebony Fretboard, Carvin Pickguard, Carvin Electronics

230879888_l.jpg

60's Citation Bolt on SG, Carvin Neck, Ebony Fretboard, Kent Armstrong P90's

230883111_l.jpg

My dads accordian amplifier from the 70's

230886684_l.jpg

an electronic Tabla, and an electronic Tambura from india

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

HOT.

i have the Riyaz tabla. how do you like the tamboura??

tambura is freakin sweet! great for getting that 60's classic psychedelic drone. put that {censored} in the looper with some reverb and delay... sounds amazing. also very good for bridging different songs... like our live shows.. basically there is no silence.. just ongoing loops and drones between all the songs

• Members

Originally posted by desertlimosine

tambura is freakin sweet! great for getting that 60's classic psychedelic drone. put that {censored} in the looper with some reverb and delay... sounds amazing. also very good for bridging different songs... like our live shows.. basically there is no silence.. just ongoing loops and drones between all the songs

very freakin cool. clips?

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

very freakin cool. clips?

for some tambura action, check out the song, " Dekihregmosai" on the Weft Sessions album. the Tambura is mostly used at the end of the song (song is about 17 minutes).

http://www.psr47.com/albums.html

both my spacerock band, pulsar47 and my ambient band psr use the same rig (minus distortion and gain in PSR)

for Pulsar47 music: http://www.myspace.com/pulsar47

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

You don't need a tuner for psychedelic space rock.
;)

Cool rig. Where did you get the electronic Tabla and Tambura?

My dad visits India about once a year, and everytime he gets me something cool. He also got me the sitar and regular tabla from india. The store is in bombay, i forget exactly what its called.

• Members

Originally posted by varialbender

How similar is the electronic tabla to this thing?

Wow, that looks complex!

The one i have is super simple.. basically you can tune the pitch, change tempo, and change the pattern. You can really do any sequences or control it in real time. Its good for creating a solid drum loop that you can then sample, or just play over it.

• Members

Originally posted by Bernie Franks

Did you paint those guitars?

yeah, i did.

the blue one i did in college, and was really to cover up a huge gash, and to pretend i'm Eric Clapton from cream:)

The SG i did about 3 years ago, and i love how it looks. Alot more classy than the dripping blue one.

Not for everyone, but noone will have a guitar exactly like mine. And both guitars were super cheap when i bought them (lots of mods since then obviously, such as the necks, electronics, etc...). $100 bucks for the Samick and $150 for the SG copy. Took a while, and some moneys to build them up from there, but i love how they play and sound now.

• Members

Originally posted by desertlimosine

yeah, i did.

the blue one i did in college, and was really to cover up a huge gash, and to pretend i'm Eric Clapton from cream:)

The SG i did about 3 years ago, and i love how it looks. Alot more classy than the dripping blue one.

Not for everyone, but noone will have a guitar exactly like mine. And both guitars were super cheap when i bought them (lots of mods since then obviously, such as the necks, electronics, etc...). $100 bucks for the Samick and $150 for the SG copy. Took a while, and some moneys to build them up from there, but i love how they play and sound now.

They both look really good.

• Members

Originally posted by Chriss

What's the deal on that accordion amp?

I'm not sure of the brand.

its pretty sweet, low wattage and solid state. The reverb sound disgusting like a broken down robot in the distance.. weird, but cool sounding. It also has a soft tremolo. Not a super dynamic sound, but pushed over the edge with bass or guitar, along with sick-ass-reverb, it sounds pretty cool:)

Archived