Deerhoof

ginnboonmiller

• Members

Who's heard them?

I had heard an awful lot about how great this band is, but I never bothered to check them out. Somewhere they became myspace buddies with Ocrabanza. I'm checking them out.

It's nice. But what's really weird:

I went to college with the drummer - we were pretty good friends and I occasionally wondered what he was up to, and at the same time wondering what this Deerhoof thing was all about. Had no idea until just now that those were the same wonderings. Huh.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Who's heard them?

I had heard an awful lot about how great this band is, but I never bothered to check them out. Somewhere they became myspace buddies with Ocrabanza. I'm checking them out.

It's nice. But what's really weird:

I went to college with the drummer - we were pretty good friends and I occasionally wondered what he was up to, and at the same time wondering what this Deerhoof thing was all about. Had no idea until just now that those were the same wonderings. Huh.

I've seen them a couple of times at Northsix and have Apple O and couple of others. I think I enjoy seeing them more live than listening to the albums.

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

I've seen them a couple of times at Northsix and have Apple O and couple of others. I think I enjoy seeing them more live than listening to the albums.

Seems fair. I have to say, this is the first I've heard of Greg since 1993, so I'm kind of giddy just hearing him play. Does he do the multi-instrumental thing with Deerhoof? Because he had an absolutely super-human ability to learn instruments in college.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Seems fair. I have to say, this is the first I've heard of Greg since 1993, so I'm kind of giddy just hearing him play. Does he do the multi-instrumental thing with Deerhoof? Because he had an absolutely super-human ability to learn instruments in college.

If I remember correctly he did drums and some guitar, maybe baritone, it sounded kind of low-tuned.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by vacuum noise

Im a little dissapointed with the new album actualy, people will probobaly say its more "mature" but they lost a little bit of that edge that the earlier albums had.... I stil lov them tho being that they are a band that is doing something interesting and taking risks.

agree with this guy -- prefer Reveille, meself.

they're from here, yet i have never seen them. confusedfreak.gif

weird.

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

weird.

As weird as the 45 day gap between replies in this thread...

In that time, I have decided that I basically like them, that Saunier has softened since college, and I will forever bear them a grudge because he never wrote me back.

Just so y'all know.

Archived