MP3/WMA compression/bitrates?

Narcosynthesis

• Members

Originally posted by David Jatt

In Windows Media Player go to Tools, OPtions, Copy Music then adjust the slider btw.

ah, got it, there are the buttons along thetop for library. rip, etc. the tools and so on menus are hidden under a drop down bit at the side

also, i was listening to it in bed last night and noticed a 'whine' in the background, that was at very low volumes (ie in bed in a silent house) more noticable in quiet songs, just wandering if this would be the player or the mp3 compression? it dosent matter either way as i wont really be using it in really quiet places, just wandering

David

• Members

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

ah, got it, there are the buttons along thetop for library. rip, etc. the tools and so on menus are hidden under a drop down bit at the side

also, i was listening to it in bed last night and noticed a 'whine' in the background, that was at very low volumes (ie in bed in a silent house) more noticable in quiet songs, just wandering if this would be the player or the mp3 compression? it dosent matter either way as i wont really be using it in really quiet places, just wandering

David

That is mp3 compression - it clears up at higher bitrates.

Archived