Help ripping songs - static/distortion

Narcosynthesis

• Members

right, i have been trying to rip 'tommy' by the who (the deluxe edition) to my computer for use with my walkman, and everything is fine, until the very last song..

every time i have tried ripping it, it ends up with random bursts of static and noise and silence, reripping it and cleaning the disk can help a little, or changes how much/where in the song the static appears, but wont fix it completely

the disk is pretty damn new, so no damage or scratches on the disk which would cause it

i was first trying to rip it in sonicstage (as .atrac3+) or using freerip (as .wav) but same result, also tried as a .wma in media player

i did have this problem before, which was fixed by using the other drive on my pc (currently used the cdrw drive, switching to the dvd helped before) but the disk dosent seem to appear when i put it in there (it is an SACD, which might be the problem, though it works fine as a normal disk)

so does anyone have any ideas how i could get this to work? is ti a problem with my computer or the disk?

i am going to go try it in another computer, i will report back if thats any use

David

Archived