Creepiest fucking thing just happened...

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

I don't think ST. Joes on 51st and Burliegh has had a psych unit since I have been working in the county

Siani on 12th is closed, but I think they do have a small sub unit for acute ER patients, butthat is just for stablization and transfer

ST. Michael's on Villard at Green Bay is closing their unit!

St. Luke's closed theirs a year ago too I think...

MCMHC won't take people with private insurance anymore... so that leaves Rogers and St. Lukes South Shore all the way in Cudahy... a lot of mentally ill people will be in teh jail system... moreso than there are now... and all this {censored} started going downhill really fast with this Bush admnistration...

...what is that quote, you judge a society on the quality of life of its poorest, not by its richest...

I know you've said it, and my dad who does the same job as you is always ranting about it, but the cuts that this administration has made against the poor and mentally ill are criminal. They really and truly are. I know we get mad about folks like Kestral who have no compassion about those who are sick or hurting, but what this administration is doing to them is much, much worse.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I know you've said it, and my dad who does the same job as you is always ranting about it, but the cuts that this administration has made against the poor and mentally ill are criminal. They really and truly are. I know we get mad about folks like Kestral who have no compassion about those who are sick or hurting, but what this administration is doing to them is much, much worse.

yeah, but i said it to you in person right before i got paged and had to leave for a half hour to help out a "situation" ....

• Members

yeah, but i said it to you in person right before i got paged and had to leave for a half hour to help out a "situation" ....

I need to get back up there sometime soon. I really should've headed up this coming weekend. One of my closest friends is up there for a couple more days (actually, I think his flight is tomorrow) before he goes back to UCLA (he teaches spanish and is finishing up his phd there). He and I wanted to go wreck {censored} around Marquette's campus.

And so St. Lukes doesn't have a psych unit anymore, either? That sort of shows where Aurora's priorities are, huh? Elective hip replacements for old rich people and stomach staplings for fat rich people, but no help for poor people.

• Members
Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

He and I wanted to go wreck {censored} around Marquette's campus.

well skip the sub shop on Wells and 16th... a car went into that the other day... info is "sketchy", which means it was probably some trust account snob drunk and wandering in oncoming traffic who had enough sobreity to then call his dad from his cell before an ambulance...

• Members

well skip the sub shop on Wells and 16th... a car went into that the other day... info is "sketchy", which means it was probably some trust account snob drunk and wandering in oncoming traffic who had enough sobreity to then call his dad from his cell before an ambulance...

Whoa! Here's a link:

http://www.marquettetribune.org/299735068928515.bsp

Not much info there, though. I'll see what I can find out about it.

Archived