NYC Pedalboards

jburn25

• Members

Just got my NYC Pedalboard in and I must say I am very impressed. I was a little skeptical about it at first, because I hadn't heard much about them and I didn't really like the carpet idea, but I needed board with a hard case that didn't cost me a fortune. This case is really well built and they allow you to order custom "pedal plates" for different pedals like wahs that have those big rubber feet and are hard to velcro. the plates allow you to velcro them to the board. Has anyone else had an experience with NYC?

NYC-small

NYC-small2

NYC-case

This model is a Big Shot with a 24" second level riser.

• Members

That model starts off at 159. Then I ordered added butterfly latches (15$) and a second level riser (24" =24$) plus I ordered extra foam and a plate for my wah pedal (15$). So everything included I tihnk I payed about 275. Not bad considering most ATA case donn't offer extras and cost more than that.

Customer service was great too, I called and talked to Mike, the owner, several times and he was cool.

The actual pedal space isn't carpet, but its a similar material that takes velcro very well.

NYC Pedalboards

• Members

It is a discontinued model, the Junior 30...30" wide, which accomodates several pedals, depending on their size. Got it about two and a half years ago. I have been very pleased with this board both from a quality and a cost perspective.

Right now, I have from right to left:

VS Route 66->Dunlop 535Q Wah->ZOOM PD-01->ZOOM-HL-01->DOD FX-65B Chorus->Peavey DDL-3

Laugh if you will about the DOD and the Peavey, but I have tried other more expensive pedals and they don't sound as good. The DOD gives me a clean, uncolored chorus. I have a Voodoo Lab that is so bright I find it unusable. I have had the DDL-3 since 1989. It works perfectly for short and long delays (it will do 3.2 seconds if you want!) and really sounds pretty warm. It also has the repeat and hold functions, but I don't use those. I have never seen anyone else using one and last time I looked there were no reviews on HC.

The Route 66 is used mainly for the compressor and Bob is not kidding about the benefits of putting this pedal first in the chain. It really cleaned everything up and the whole thing is dead quiet.

I am also running a Korg tuner out of the stereo jack of the chorus and powering everything with a VS One Spot, which works so well and is such a cost effective tool that somebody needs to be skinned for not inventing it earlier.

The whole rig is wired with George L's.

I can't say enough about how nice it was to deal with NYC. Prompt, polite service. At the time, someone was using NYC's pictures on E-Bay to promote another brand of board. I noticed this and told NYC about it. They were able to get this stopped immediately. Another example of somebody trying to rip off the little guy just out there trying to make a living.

I would highy recommend NYC.

• Members

Originally posted by innobidova

you're not saying that NYC pedalboards are built to ATA specs, are you?

No, I was comparing it to ATA boards. "compared to ATA boards" this one is generaly cheaper and has more options. Not "compared to other ATA boards." Sorry if I confused anyone.

• Members

Originally posted by paulandpaul

i just ordered the exact same board from them about a week and a half ago.

how long did it take to get yours?

It actually took quite a while for me. I think on the website he says that it generally takes 3-4 weeks but since I live in Baton Rouge, and we got smoked by Katrina, it took about six weeks because everything got mixed up and nothing UPS came into the state for quite a while.

Archived