Liquid sunshine users...bass loss?

paulandpaul

• Members

Originally posted by themeanreds

Bass loss (as much as one gets with the liquid sunshine, anyway):

A bummer at low volumes

a blessing when cranked, especially with a band.

One of this issues i always had with overdrives (at least when pushing an already dirty sound) was that too much bass would mud up an otherwise cool tone.

Basically its not bass loss, the liquid sunshine doesnt attenuate any bass above 35hz or so. BUT the lower drive knob boosts frequencies above 500hz or so. then the output attenuates gradually frequencies above 1500hz. Then the positive feeback kinda brightens it up a little with some edge, but its barely detectable.

anyways its not losing bass, its just not boosting it as much.

If you want me to mod it, i can make the 2nd gain stage boost the full frequency range. It doesnt sound bad on its own, but it doesnt push a dirty amp as well with the mod.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

One of this issues i always had with overdrives (at least when pushing an already dirty sound) was that too much bass would mud up an otherwise cool tone.

Basically its not bass loss, the liquid sunshine doesnt attenuate any bass above 35hz or so. BUT the lower drive knob boosts frequencies above 500hz or so. then the output attenuates gradually frequencies above 1500hz. Then the positive feeback kinda brightens it up a little with some edge, but its barely detectable.

anyways its not losing bass, its just not boosting it as much.

If you want me to mod it, i can make the 2nd gain stage boost the full frequency range. It doesnt sound bad on its own, but it doesnt push a dirty amp as well with the mod.

i'll think about that brad, thanks.

it's not bothering me that much. it's just that i play by myself (solo act) through a relativley clean amp and i want all my dynamics and frequencies to come through. I LOVE the sound of the pedal, it's just that on chords, it thins my bass out a tad.

• Members

who's brad? :(

Anyways, my pedal board is currently empty, but last time i went to a jam, i took all pedals that i had made (not all were subdecay pedals though)

Once i move I hope to start a band again. It really depends on the style of music, and my roll in the band. My ambitions are leaning me to wanting to be a singer/guitar player, so my effects needs my be a little simpler than in previous bands.

Currently one of my favorite setups is liquid sunshine>small clone>quasar>boss DD3.

My DD3 is dying however. I own a maxon AD9, but i like the DD3 better. I like digital better for delays usually... So I guess i may sell the AD9 and get a DD20 or something. or (gasp) make my own delay pedal.

• Members

My DD3 is dying however. I own a maxon AD9, but i like the DD3 better. I like digital better for delays usually... So I guess i may sell the AD9 and get a DD20 or something. or (gasp) make my own delay pedal.

I LIKE THAT IDEA!!!!

• Members

I actually made a PT80 which is a general guitar gadgets pedal... it was pretty cool, and pretty analog sounding.

Unfortunately it seems to have suffered an early death, and i havent had time to fix it.

I have an idea for a digital delay that should be pretty cool, but its a long ways off before i get to it unfortunately.

• Members

I actually made a PT80 which is a general guitar gadgets pedal... it was pretty cool, and pretty analog sounding.

Unfortunately it seems to have suffered an early death, and i havent had time to fix it.

I have an idea for a digital delay that should be pretty cool, but its a long ways off before i get to it unfortunately.

The PT in PT80 stands for papa taco.

And I'm honored.

:o

• Members

I don't seem to have that problem with mine. Actually, it enhances the whole spectrum when I kick it in, gives me a nice, fat singing crunch. I have both gains set at 3/4 and volume just past 1/2. This gives me a great solo boost and layers very well on top of either my Green Machine or SCOD.

As McDonald's would say.....I'm lovin' it! :)

Archived