philtre question

rydia is hot

• Members

after listening to ck3's clips (especially sh1 & sh2), i'm really gassing for a philtre to use with my setup. question: do these things require a line level signal? if so, i can run it in my effects loop and footswitch it...i don't have any other pedals in that loop, so it'd be fine...thanks!

• Members

I've run mine first in the chain, in the middle of the chain and at the end of the chain. Fine in any position, though better after dirt.

It's happier with a fairly hot signal if you want to use the envelope detection - or run the trim up full, but then you might want to put it in a TB loop with a volume control.

• Members
Originally posted by rydia_is_hot

hope ck3 doesn't mind me linking to his clip...
:D

How dare you! :mad:

;)

:D

I'm currently in an environment where I can't use PC speakers, so I am unable to recall which mode it was. However, I'm certain that I used the bandpass and lowpass filters for the s/h clips.

• Members

Originally posted by rydia_is_hot

can it get close to the ooh wah?

Yes ... the pattern modulation setting onthe Philtre can defintiely produce the texture in that Oooh-Wah clip. You would need to use the low pass filter type and dial in a lower rate setting, moderately high phreeq value, higher regen, and moderate depth.

As for the Philtre clip about which you inquired, judging by the lack of "pop" and "squirtiness", I'm guessing that it was most likely the band pass filter type.

Archived