why ENSONIQ ASR resale for so much?

dxdreamer

• Members

I just wish that their treatment of their samplers as open platforms had extended to the rest of their products, especially the asr-x and fx processors. Some of the Waveboy effects would have been awesome in a 1-u rack.

Edit, actually, wasn't Stomper a third-party product, rolled into the ASR-X Pro?

• Members

This is for the Mirage - well before the Waveboy disks for the EPS 16 and ASR-10. Imagine a major hardware manufacturer doing this now.

Pretty cool, would be like roland opening up the API's to the r-core so people could create their own VC cards.

I can see why it retains some value over others. So what do they do for? a few hundred or something?

• Members

Yeah, I always thought he need a producer to kind of tame his talent. Almost too much of a good thing, like ecstacy, but he at least has a totally different sound than anyone else out there. I applaud anyone that doesn't compromise or try to mold their music according to the industry. He could be better, I just think he needs the right opportunity.

Kobold is cool. Eric was talking about his former band mates having projects too. Not sure about the other guy, but I'm glad to see these guys doing their thing.

• Members

Originally posted by syncretism

Here's more proof that Ensoniq - and, presumably, their users - grokked the possibilities of the digital age better and earlier than just about anyone else:

Absolutely....you'll never see the hyper-secretive Roland or anyone else doing this...Yet another casualty of out-sourcing...:(.

Yeap, I guess Kobold is mainly Mike and Swante now....

But, Trapped in Amber is amazing too...very dowloadesque.

• Members

Yeah, summer here is BRUTAL. Not so much the heat, the humidity will sap your energy like a succubus from hell....

As far as beer, well, there's the punker staple PBR (in a bottle, can if you don't mind rapid-onset alzheimers), Yeungling, Amber Bock, Warsteiner (with lemon). I prefer lagers...since it's so oppressive climatically, there's no limit to watering holes, the ubiquitous Lynch's, OMalley's, River City Brewing Company, for more artsy-fartsy/lo-rent hit the 5 points district for Starlite and such. Drink plenty of iced tea...there's a reason we drink that {censored} so much down here, it keeps your energy levels up against the humidity, kinda like how highland Peruvians chew coca leaves.

Lots of good eats....my fav's are Casbah, Hala Cafe, and a german place called Der Wienerschnitzel..awesome food, I could've eaten the chairs there.

• Members

I have an EPS 16+ turbo and I love it-- I keep all my samples on a hd that I have have hooked up to my TS12 as well -- SCSI -- I can sample with the eps and then load the samples into the TS12 to free up sample time. ensonic makes some great sounding stuff.

Archived