Getting buyer to pay for pedal - ebay

herbs

• Members

I sold a pedal on ebay, but the person hasn't even completed checkout. I have emailed twice being very polite and patient asking when he will pay. The first time he said he will pay in a few days (now over 10 days ago) and the second email - no response.

I stated in my listing payment within 7 days but still nothing.

How long would you guys wait for payment, is it time to get heavy. The auction ended on 21st September so I think I have been pretty patient and it is only for AU$72.

I was thinking of threatening legal action or something, what is the best way to go about it?

• Members

Your best option at this point is to go through the non-paying bidder dispute through ebay. They will reimburse your final value fee and you will get free relisting to auction the pedal again. Pain in the ass, I know, but you can't really push too much legal stuff. Yes, ebay is a legal binding contract, but to pursue this route would be a waste. It would be different if it were a car or something. You do get some recourse in the sense that if this happens again, the ebayer will be suspended.

• Members

I sold an amp on the bay a while back. The guy didn't pay me in the 7 day time frame. I had a ton of other {censored} going on so I said {censored} him and let it slide. 3 weeks later I got an e-mail asking if I still had it and then a Paypal payment for $30.00 more than the winning bid with a million appologies and great feedback. Then again , I had another guy not pay for 30 days and I filed a NPB report and left neg feedback. :confused:

Archived