OT - Flyers Fans here ?

ollenorin

• Members

I think the flyers will struggle a bit more than people think. Sure they've got forsberg, but they have given up quite a lot of top level talent in order to get under the cap, and will have to rely upon carter and Richards who are two rookies.

Also, I think they are going to struggle defensively with some of the pylons they have brought in like Hatcher, who is plain {censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

maybe so, but theyre a big strong team and if forsberg can score 120+ points then they will be up there...

at least i hope so, also they have the coolest colors and logo on their shirts.

are you gonna watch the game tonight blaghouse ?

I'm probably going to listen to the leafs-sens game while I finish some uni stuff.

• Members

I'm so psyched for hockey season, and i'm a big flyers fan. I love the addition of forsberg and hatcher, but I'll be missing some of the old guard. As much as LeClair disappears in the off season, he's still awesome, and JR won several games for the flyers virtually on his own. So we'll see how things play out...

• Members

I'm really excited. Leafs VS. Sens should be a good match tonight!

I also can't believe the buzz going on around here for hockey all of a sudden. Everyone is stoked. The beer store was packed :D and you know there's gonna be a ton of good ol' drunken hockey get togethers tonight, it's been a long time for hockey fans.

Good times!

P.S. I loath the Flyers:mad: Mainly because of Bobby Clarke. I like to kick that {censored}er in his stupid face:p

GO LEAFS!!!!!!!:)

• Members
Originally posted by funksta

Not only are they in the same conference, but the Leafs will have to make the playoffs to see that match up. And that's not exactly a given this year.

I'm stoked for the 'Nucks to give Gretz his first L as coach
;)
Sedin twins have been on fire lately with Carter, look for that line to have a big night. I'm so glad the NHL is back.

I disagree, I think the leafs will easily make the playoffs. You've been watching Pierre MacGuire too much!!:D

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

I disagree, I think the leafs will easily make the playoffs. You've been watching Pierre MacGuire too much!!
:D

It's not just MacGuire, I've seen a lot of "experts" say the same. In my opinion, it all depends on Belfour this year. If he plays as well as he did last year, they'll make it. Otherwise, they're screwed.

• Members

Originally posted by funksta

It's not just MacGuire, I've seen a lot of "experts" say the same. In my opinion, it all depends on Belfour this year. If he plays as well as he did last year, they'll make it. Otherwise, they're screwed.

What makes me laugh is that if you listen to the experts, they are making Ottawa a shoo-in for the cup, but the leafs wont make the play offs. Erm, Hasek has a groin with held together with wrigleys, and has played 14 games in the last three years.

I'd pick you guys but for Cloutier. eek, he's not going to win you a cup.

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

What makes me laugh is that if you listen to the experts, they are making Ottawa a shoo-in for the cup, but the leafs wont make the play offs. Erm, Hasek has a groin with held together with wrigleys, and has played 14 games in the last three years.

I'd pick you guys but for Cloutier. eek, he's not going to win you a cup.

Yeah, I do think it's kind of humorous that everyone is giving a lot of credit to teams that have had little playoff success (Canucks included :( ). If Hasek regains 1/3rd of his old self, the Sens will have a VERY strong team though. The Heatley/Spezza combo will be deadly.

As for the 'Nucks, Clutz was playing well last year until he got injured (ok, only two games). I have reason to believe that they would've gone deep with him and Bert in the lineup (they certainly would've beaten the Flames). Only time will tell what happens come playoff time.

Looks like the season begins in 5 minutes :eek:

Archived