string theory: dirty fingers

GuyaGuy

• Members

Originally posted by opiepac

That happens every time I play violin these days. I think for me it means I need new strings. Perhaps its new strings rubbing off their coating? Also could be a dirty fretboard (or in my case fingerboard).

well i'm talking about new strings. the strings that come on new Eastwoods and Jay Tursers do this so i just assumed it was something to do with cheap strings.

i just got a package of a dozen Rogue strings (all 10's) and the weird thing is that the brand new 10 tha i put on dicolored my fingers quite obviously.

next day--nothing.

clean as a whistle.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

is that a brand of strings?

its a joke... i thought you would get it, because i thought the title of the thread was a joke.

google string theory, and super string theory. superstring theory replaced string theory essentially. well replaced is the wrong word, but you get what i mean.

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Marshall

its a joke... i thought you would get it, because i thought the title of the thread was a joke.

google string theory, and super string theory. superstring theory replaced string theory essentially. well replaced is the wrong word, but you get what i mean.

huh?
oh...wait, no...
huh?
oh, yeah!
now i get it!

:D

Archived