Thomas Organ Wah - Reveresed Sweep

BigFurryWhale

• Members

Originally posted by BigFurryWhale

I thought it would be something like this, do you have any pictures detailing what your talking about?

Damn, I am on my father's ultra slow computer so I can't readily pull stuff up.

I believe the following is correct: On the pot there are three lugs...on is a ground (usually with a black wire attached) and the other two need to have the wires reversed.

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

You have an after market replacement, its actually a Mil Spec pot. My photo has the original
;)

:( Is it a modern replacement or a fairly old one? The pot looks new considering how old the pedal itself is. Also, your wah has a different thing on the circuit board then mine. I'm not sure what you call it (I'm a huge fx noob) but mine is square and yours is sort of round. Could that be unoriginal in mine aswell?

• Members
Originally posted by BigFurryWhale

So is my inductor unoriginal aswell?

Might be the original? It just doesn't look like mine at all and mine has never been touched. Maybe the square inductor is what the vendors sent them that week?

I'm sure somebody around here knows something about that inductor ;)

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

Might be the original? It just doesn't look like mine at all and mine has never been touched. Maybe the square inductor is what the vendors sent them that week?

I'm sure somebody around here knows something about that inductor
;)

The square inductor is original. Thomas Organ wahs came with a few different inductors. StratoStevo has what is often referred to as the "stack of dimes" inductor. Your indfuctor is a TDK inductor. Everything seems to be original other than the pot which is for sure a newer replacement. Any by the way, that replaced pot is a good thing since the old one was probably all scratchy. And since Thomas Organ wahs aren't collectible, it is okay that it is not all original.

Archived