recent random acquisitions

• Members

ampeg analog delay, purchased as broken, on the cheap -- works perfectly! tweaked the trimmers for max delay time -- now it's the poor man's DM-x!

ampegdelay.jpg

the Marshall Bass Major, for anyone who missed it last time 'round.

major.jpg

the Silvertone Sovereign, with GFS Retrotrons:

sov.jpg

thinline, with GFS Li'l Puncher:

punch1.jpg

punch2.jpg

and the Traynor YGM-1 Guitar Mate Reverb. lotta Voxy goodness in here, fellas. :)

ygm.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

My Vic..whata LARGE organ you have!

nice.

i got it at goodwill. they had another one that was a full blown 2 tiered(?) thing. it had two huge 2X12 cabinets that must have been 3 feet wide and 5 feet tall each. if i had room for it, i would have been all over it.

• Members

Oh yeah, I bought my wife a Martin HD-28 today. Completely random. I was going into guitar center and my wife was pissed at me because of the illegal turn I made in the streets of Boston so she came into the store and went straight to the acoustic room (usually, she just waits in the car ad listens to the radio). She breezed right by the cheapos and started trying the 2k+ acoustics. :eek:

Am I the kind of person to talk my wife out of buying a beautiful heirloom quality acoustic? Hell no! :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by ElectricMayhem

Oh yeah, I bought my wife a Martin HD-28 today. Completely random. I was going into guitar center and my wife was pissed at me because of the illegal turn I made in the streets of Boston so she came into the store and went straight to the acoustic room (usually, she just waits in the car ad listens to the radio). She breezed right by the cheapos and started trying the 2k+ acoustics.
:eek:

Am I the kind of person to talk my wife out of buying a beautiful heirloom quality acoustic? Hell no!
:cool:

sonofabitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Very nice purchase. Are you gonna do the cosmetic fixes or leave it as is? Very cool purchase.

Originally posted by delorean

4 KT88's.

i kinda don't wanna admit how little i paid for the Marshall, but i guess i will -- $545.

:eek:

props to you for buying your wife a sweet, sweet git-box.
:)

• Members

Fender DGL Delay
Design and features are almost exactly the same as a Digitech PDS-1002. Got this one for $15 because the "fine tune" delay time control is not working (this pedal has one control which picks one of a general delay time-2, 8, 32, 128, or 512 milliseconds, and another which adjusts the delay time in the increments between those other times, although it goes beyond 512 all the way to 2 seconds). The second control is broken, so right now the only delay time choices are 2, 8, 32, 128 and 512. Can't figure out how to fix the other control. :mad:

Traynor YBA-2 Bassmate
Cosmetically decent, but it was speakerless and functionally trashed. I fixed it up, put in some JJ EL-84s, and it now sounds freakin' incredible. Running it through a 1x10 cab until it gets re-baffled for a 12" speaker or chopped into a head (not sure which I'll do). 15 kick-ass watts of Voxish sweetness.

Agave blue MIM Fender P-Bass
tried out a whole bunch of P basses-USA Fenders, vintage, other brands-and kept coming back to this new floor model that was marked down to $285 because of a nasty gash in it's buttock. Love it.

Bill Lawrence 280 noiseless Telecaster neck pickup
After a year of having no neck pickup in my Tele, I decided to give this one a shot. No regrets at all. Brighter, clearer, sweeter than any Tele neck pickup I've tried. Balances perfectly with the Duncan Donahue in the bridge position.

• Members

This weekend

Wierd SE1 Stage Delay:
70s analog delay -- nice range of mild slapback to extreme dub textures. Looks like an old stereo amp component. Not clear on who made it.

DOD 460 Mini Chorus:
Some nice drunken speaker textures out of this one, mates beautifully with the Boss FZ2 Fuzz for some reason.

Archived