George L question for everyone.......

gregovertone

• Members

Not if you rub a little bit of a mixture of saw dust, rubber cement and flax seed oil on the housing. You also might want to put the pedals that use the regular cables up on a nest of wooden popsicle sticks. EJ would then approve.

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Not if you rub a little bit of a mixture of saw dust, rubber cement and flax seed oil on the housing. You also might want to put the pedals that use the regular cables up on a nest of wooden popsicle sticks. EJ would then approve.

This is true. I've tried it.

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

The signal chain is only as good as the weakest link...

good point....

ill have someone else play the rig, and ill just sit back and listen ;)

hahah who cares, it's all voodoo magic we've fed you all these years If it sounds good it sounds good.

thats a good point, and i figured as much...which is why i have cheap ass cable on the board......
but
i recently found i can get all the george l stuff at cost, so its now under consideration :)

• Members

Andi nailed it, your signal cant be any better than through the cheapest cables, so if they suck out all the tone, there aint nothing george l's can do except make sure it cant get sucked away any more

how much it will actually matter is a different thing, cables tend to suck most of the tone over longer lengths, so short lengths of a lwer quality cable shouldnt harm it too much, if you are using lotf of cheap cables it will add up - 6 inches per cable, so it can easily add up between pedals into more substantial lengths, i think a lot of the bonus of george l's on pedalboards is the size of them - letting you squeese everythign togethr a bit more nicely) and the fact you cando custom lengths, to exactly suit what you need, though the sound part is one good factor

David

Archived