NYC forumites: Gig Spam

Barrey78

• Members

hello,

my band emma la reina will be playing the knitting factory old office this saturday night at about 11 or so. I would love to see some of you guys there. we are playing with some friends of our who are pretty good.

thanks, chris

feel free to announce any other gigs in this thread.

• Members

Originally posted by Stoney Stomp

and im embarrassed to say we're playing the Pussycat lounge on tues at 8.. i mean really..who plays a titty bar?

also, playing Arlene's on the 25th

its not a matter of "a titty bar", its a matter of THAT titty bar.

they keep asking us to play there. i don't like it there.

25th? if i don't have band practice, i'll most likely be there.

• Members
Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

its not a matter of "a titty bar", its a matter of THAT titty bar.

they keep asking us to play there. i don't like it there.

25th? if i don't have band practice, i'll most likely be there.

i know me either..but the dude kept asking and asking and finally i said.."{censored} it..its a tuesday at 8 and i dont care if 3 people show up"

cool..hope to see you on the 25th :)

• Members

Do you really?? Charlie works there too..that's kinda random

Well...I'm doing air monitoring for the building they're taking down. Who does Charlie work for? I don't work for the Bank and the Bank doesn't actually own the building anymore.

For you NYers, its the big building covered in mesh next to the trade center. The guy on the roofs around the site tinkering with the fancy doodads...thats me.

• Members

Originally posted by ugly steeple fear

Well...I'm doing air monitoring for the building they're taking down. Who does Charlie work for? I don't work for the Bank and the Bank doesn't actually own the building anymore.

For you NYers, its the big building covered in mesh next to the trade center. The guy on the roofs around the site tinkering with the fancy doodads...thats me.

aaaaah ok. yeah charlie actually works for the bank, itself.

I wish i was a guy on a roof tinkering with doodads.. i hate my job.

• Members

Originally posted by Barrey78

hello,

my band emma la reina will be playing the knitting factory old office this saturday night at about 11 or so. I would love to see some of you guys there. we are playing with some friends of our who are pretty good.

thanks, chris

feel free to announce any other gigs in this thread.

I'll be there!

My band June Fool has a gig coming up on October 27 at the Knitting Factory Tap bar...

pretty excited about it - we're debuting several new songs (shooting for half the set, depends on how the next few rehearsals go).

we're on at 10:15-ish.

- tragicmagic

• Members

Testify...

If anyone around here hasnt seen either Miss Ohio or June Fool, please do so..
I've had the pleasure of playing with both these bands and I can tell you they're both great bands and good people.
I can't wait to hear the new Miss Ohio stuff live and June Fool kick ass, live

• Members

Yup. Thank you sir. And a right big old power rock to you. Still Division delivers. Jamey...Rare is the joint for you all to play.

On my short list:

June Fool

emma la reina

elcmist's looping thingy

Loki and {censored} Talk

Indofunk

jesusnixon

We've actually played there once, acoustically, and a good friend of ours (the guy who owns Snitch) just bought Rare. i never loved the place but if I know Mike, he'll get that place up to speed soon

• Members

We've actually played there once, acoustically, and a good friend of ours (the guy who owns Snitch) just bought Rare. i never loved the place but if I know Mike, he'll get that place up to speed soon

I was there the reopening weekend for a private party. Decent sound, select crowd, hotties all around. Went outside to smoke and they almost didn't let me back in.

Not a Miss Ohio joint, but definitely a Still Division joint.

I say its more of a Still Division joint in that you saww how well we were received at Snitch. You owned it that night we played together.

• Members

I was there the reopening weekend for a private party. Decent sound, select crowd, hotties all around. Went outside to smoke and they almost didn't let me back in.

Not a Miss Ohio joint, but definitely a Still Division joint.

hah..hmmm....im going to assume that was strictly in regards to the various hot women ;)

Truth is..the place that's most our speed has been Sin-e. I dont mind the trendy places for hanging out but for playing, I like a venue that's really geared towards the music. Sin-e has been that place for us, so far

• Members

hah..hmmm....im going to assume that was strictly in regards to the various hot women
;)

Truth is..the place that's most our speed has been Sin-e. I dont mind the trendy places for hanging out but for playing, I like a venue that's really geared towards the music. Sin-e has been that place for us, so far

read my edit. Its trendy, but its a rock-trendy. You would be a hit there.
We're average looking slobs. You all could get laid at a Board Meeting.
we'd love to play Sin-e again. and not on a Sunday at 7pm on the start of football season.

• Members

read my edit. Its trendy, but its a rock-trendy. You would be a hit there.

We're average looking slobs. You all could get laid at a Board Meeting.

we'd love to play Sin-e again. and not on a Sunday at 7pm on the start of football season.

Ha..Jim, of course.. i didnt take it as a negative at all. I was just F'n around :)

Laid at a board meeting.. I like that one. Brad (UnkleSam) said we probably get more Tang than an astronaut..but i think i like yours better

Yeah, that's a rough spot... maybe we can try to book a gig there together. Joanne seems to like us a lot. I dont know what kind of clout I have but i can certainly try! :)

• Members

Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

that's good to know.

definitely.. i dont know how they're going to work the booking yet. I know Mike said we can and should play there whenever we want (we talked about setting up a residency) but im not sure who'se going to book the place. I know Lee Sobel (same guy booking Pussycat Lounge) was booking there. he may still be..

when i get some info for you, i'll pass along the good word..

incidentally, if anyone was watching Miami Ink on Wed night.. the guy who came in to get a sleeve tattoo'd...THAT was mike who owns snitch and rare.

• Members

I know Lee Sobel (same guy booking Pussycat Lounge) was booking there. he may still be..

when i get some info for you, i'll pass along the good word..

lee is the guy who has been getting us the pussycat, and now the rare gigs. apparently, he's known my singer for a long time.

• Members

Yeah, that's a rough spot... maybe we can try to book a gig there together. Joanne seems to like us a lot. I dont know what kind of clout I have but i can certainly try!
:)

That's alright. We're ignored equally in NJ and Brooklyn.
Cool if you can do that, but no sweat if you can't. If we ever get clout again, we'd love to do another all HCFX band night. It is so much fun.

And another thing. The Yarrows kill live. Tight, professional, and engaging as hell. I've said it before...its a wall of glorious sound coming at you.
I've been prvvy to hearing some of their roughs from the upcoming album and they are stunning.

Archived