NYC forumites: Gig Spam

Barrey78

• Members
Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

Loki the Grump is playing at Rare, this coming Wednesday at 9pm

PussyTalk is playing in DC at an XM radio event on the 29th & 30th; and at Bar 169 on the 31st. times and specifics to follow.

Best (and funniest) avatar I've seen yet! :thu::D

• Members

not next week but the temporarily named "PussyTalk" is playing at Bar 169 on Halloween. Loki the Grump is playing at Sidewalk on Friday Nov 4.

I'll say it again: why do you want to play on Halloween? Easily the best party night of the year. And I have my own gig on the 4th.

• Members

Originally posted by Lefty Geek

Any shows next week?

Yep! Thursday October 27!

My band June Fool @ the Knitting Factory Tap room.

We're on at 10:15, but the lineup is pretty good that night so I recommend coming a little early and catching the earlier bands as well. the batterie (8:45), Gold Streets (9:30), June Fool (10:15), Susu (11:00)

- tragicmagic

• Members

i really don't like halloween. i'd rather have a gig than have to keep answering the door.

Answering the door? You don't stay home on Halloween!

My yearly plan:

* dress up

* go trick-n-treating in the stores around the West Village - they do give out candy to adults when you have good costumes

* hop *in* the parade - do not watch it, go in it!

* go bar hopping afterwards - give out the candy you got before to complete strangers (except the chocolate) - make friends - party hard with others in costume 'til 4am.

* stumple into work the next day

Seriously, Halloween is perhaps the best day of the year.

• Members

Answering the door? You don't stay home on Halloween!

My yearly plan:

* dress up

* go trick-n-treating in the stores around the West Village - they do give out candy to adults when you have good costumes

* hop *in* the parade - do not watch it, go in it!

* go bar hopping afterwards - give out the candy you got before to complete strangers (except the chocolate) - make friends - party hard with others in costume 'til 4am.

* stumple into work the next day

Seriously, Halloween is perhaps the best day of the year.

yeah.

i'd rather go home, play guitar, and go to sleep. i was never one for playing dress up.

• Members

I'll say it again: why do you want to play on Halloween? Easily the best party night of the year.

This is like that rhetorical thing that people do in interviews when they answer their own questions, right?

Why do you want to play on Halloween? Easily the best party night of the year.

Do people drink? Yes. Will they be out trolling for a place to hang? Yes, they will. Am I afraid? Yes, I'm a little afraid. Hold me.

• Members

we have drinking night at work tomorrow (boss is buying), and i'm notorious for drinking too much, looking at my watch, and seeing that its 10pm. gonna try to make it though.

as for june fool, i have band practice beforehand, and i need to pack for DC on thursday night, so it could be a bit difficult. gonna try to make it though.

sorry guys, way too busy. i can't even make it to work on time.

Archived