Lets talk NLCS game 2: astros v. cards:

hangwire

• Members

ok, I have only one thing to say, Reggie Sanders looked like a drunk frat boy in balerena shoes trying to catch that fly ball... he took himself out of the game for his overwhelming stupidity...

and no, I am not an astros fan, I think they will lose the series...

• Members
Originally posted by hangwire

ok, I have only one thing to say, Reggie Sanders looked like a drunk frat boy in balerena shoes trying to catch that fly ball... he took himself out of the game for his overwhelming stupidity...

and no, I am not an astros fan, I think they will lose the series...

awww come on... no one????!!!!???? seriously, it looked like he tried to pull off on of those Edmonds style ubercatches [note: Edmonds usually has to dive because of his positioning... so I am not calling him good by any means.... just that he will usually have to dive out a catch at least once a game ;) ]

• Members

That was classic "I better fake an injury so my homies and millions of Americans at home don't laugh at me for being a dumb ass making a possibly game altering mistake" behavior. Don't diss Edmonds. He's always diving for balls because he plays about ten steps behing the 2nd baseman. It ain't about the drama.....Some of the misplays the decent but not great Astro outfielder's made on balls hit over their heads when they tried to play shallow pointed out how good Edmonds is...

The Astros have a very good shot against the Cards who are about as exciting as vanilla pudding, vanilla Ice, vanilla ice cream, etc. They almost beat the Cards in 7 last year and their pitching is in MUCH better shape this year. Last year Clemens was not as strong, Pettitte was hurt and not pitching and Oswald was hurt and barely pitching. Those three guys healthy means they are legit to beat anybody. Sure Beltran isn't knocking in 5 runs a game and they don't have Jeff Kent but honestly anyone in their right mind would take great pitching this time of year over the hitting. I their big trio of starters consistently win 2 of the 3 games they start they win the series and that is definitly not a big stretch..........

• Members
Originally posted by telepaul

That was classic "I better fake an injury so my homies and millions of Americans at home don't laugh at me for being a dumb ass making a possibly game altering mistake" behavior. Don't diss Edmonds. He's always diving for balls because he plays about ten steps behing the 2nd baseman. It ain't about the drama.....Some of the misplays the decent but not great Astro outfielder's made on balls hit over their heads when they tried to play shallow pointed out how good Edmonds is...

The Astros have a very good shot against the Cards who are about as exciting as vanilla pudding, vanilla Ice, vanilla ice cream, etc. They almost beat the Cards in 7 last year and their pitching is in MUCH better shape this year. Last year Clemens was not as strong, Pettitte was hurt and not pitching and Oswald was hurt and barely pitching. Those three guys healthy means they are legit to beat anybody. Sure Beltran isn't knocking in 5 runs a game and they don't have Jeff Kent but honestly anyone in their right mind would take great pitching this time of year over the hitting. I their big trio of starters consistently win 2 of the 3 games they start they win the series and that is definitly not a big stretch..........

the cards have godo picthing and better offense though... I mean, that is why they beat most teams... being a brewers fan, I can attest that the NL central has been trying to figure out the cards for a few years... and I think over the next few it will start to be the brewers in that position :D

• Members

Those pesky Brewers should sell the secret to figuring out Brad Lidge to the Cards......God knows the Cards need it. I don't buy the Cards. They strike me as another version of the Braves. Very good, very boring, not good enough.

Does someone still slide into the vat of beer after homeruns in Brewer land? That was awesome to watch back in the day when they were good and Molitor and Yount et al were kicking those grey, blue and yellow "so fugly their beautiful" uniforms. I want to get one of those throw back caps...The sad thing was Hank Aaron forced to wear that thing at the end of his career....Very undignified way for the great one to go out. Hitting 235 and wearing the baseball equivalent of a plaid leisure suit....Kinda like Willie Mays going out in a Met uniform.....(The Padres were pretty bad uniform wise back then to. The Astros with all that orange and the number on the pants round up the three quintessentially so bad they were good 70's uniforms...)

Still it's very cute the way they made the "M" for Milwaukee a little baseball glove with a ball in it....Awwwwwwww...(Sound your girlfriend would make.)

• Members

(The Padres were pretty bad uniform wise back then to. The Astros with all that orange and the number on the pants round up the three quintessentially so bad they were good 70's uniforms...)

You've got to throw in those bright-yellow Pirates uniforms with the round 1890s-style flat caps. Yikes!

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

You've got to throw in those bright-yellow Pirates uniforms with the round 1890s-style flat caps. Yikes!

The Pirates brought things to a whole other level that no one else was willing to go to. The Padres, brewers and Astros were kind of the equivalent of a polyester leisure suit. The Pirates uniforms remind me of the Puerto Rican softball league teams in NYC back in da day. I have the flat black throwback cap btw just for novelty....the yellow one is more dope; should have gone with that one....Those colors could work; they are beautiful on the Steelers for instance. Problem is in making yellow the predominant "base" color. Not a good idea as you point out.

• Members

Still it's very cute the way they made the "M" for Milwaukee a little baseball glove with a ball in it....Awwwwwwww...(Sound your girlfriend would make.)

seriously... my wife has a baby blue cap with the throwback logo :) bm ;)

no vat of beer for bernie brewer anymore... but he does still have a slide from his tower in left field... which is nice... and fireworks after a brewers HR. It is a very fun stadium to watch a game... :)

• Members
Originally posted by hangwire

seriously... my wife has a baby blue cap with the throwback logo
:)
b
m
;)

no vat of beer for bernie brewer anymore... but he does still have a slide from his tower in left field... which is nice... and fireworks after a brewers HR. It is a very fun stadium to watch a game...
:)

I have the throwback logo cap to as well as the Hank Aaron Milwaukee Brave cap which is really dope. (My last name starts with "M" so I have lots of "M" caps.:rolleyes: )

They could be a nice little team next year; should make the games more fun. If they were in the NL West they could win the division; that central is pretty brutal though. It's really weird thinking of them as N.L. They had some great rivalry games/series with the Yanks in the late 70's early 80's.

• Members

I have the throwback logo cap to as well as the Hank Aaron Milwaukee Brave cap which is really dope. (My last name starts with "M" so I have lots of "M" caps.
:rolleyes:
)

They could be a nice little team next year; should make the games more fun. If they were in the NL West they could win the division; that central is pretty brutal though. It's really weird thinking of them as N.L. They had some great rivalry games/series with the Yanks in the late 70's early 80's.

I actually like the new M Brewers logo myself...

I am looking forward to next year too, just hoping for everyone to stay healthy [our ace Ben Sheets was out at least 10 weeks total with ear problems/balance for 6 and 4 week on hyperextending a back muscle at the last month mark... we would have easily been over 500 with him in at least 6 more starts :( ] ... I checked the team webpage and they have released 4 players which I am very happy about... all backups or pitchers I didn't really like... so they seem set on the young talent coming up... maybe add a good #2 starter [some Angel pitcher was born in WI and said that he wanted to return Jarrod Walbroad or something?] who wouldn't mind to his ego being 3 or 4 in the rotation... and we will look nice the next few years...

...speaking of the NL west... I don't understand why the Astro are not picketing to be put in that division to even the NL out at 5-5-5 ... I mean, in the AL the texas team is in the west... so why not???

Archived