tell me about the Giga Delay

Vinnie Vintage

• Members

I mostly play reggae music and so I need a good delay pedal - ideally I'd have a nice T-Rex Replica, but it's too much. So I see the Giga Delay.

1) Does it have a triplet mode, like the "rythmic" on the Line-6 DL4? That is to say, can it give me a quarter note triplet delay from the tapped tempo? That is absolutely essential.

2) Does it have a low-pass filter, to emulate real tape delays?

3) How is it for rockabilly, surf slapbacks?

If you have a suggestion for another delay pedal that can do the above, take in mind I also need a tap tempo.

• Members

Originally posted by Vinnie Vintage

I mostly play reggae music and so I need a good delay pedal - ideally I'd have a nice T-Rex Replica, but it's too much. So I see the Giga Delay.

1) Does it have a triplet mode, like the "rythmic" on the Line-6 DL4? That is to say, can it give me a quarter note triplet delay from the tapped tempo? That is absolutely essential.

yup. it can triplets and a whole lot more.

2) Does it have a low-pass filter, to emulate real tape delays?

i dont know if its a LPF, but the tape emulation is very, very nice

3) How is it for rockabilly, surf slapbacks?

it's just dandy. it can do short stuff no problem

If you have a suggestion for another delay pedal that can do the above, take in mind I also need a tap tempo.

• Members

what is the triplets mode called?

it's not one of the selectable models. you can do triplets in any of the modes (except the looping function). you press the "tempo" button until a little quarter note with a 3 beside it appears on the LCD

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

its not a specific mode per se. there is a button under the delay time display that lets you alter the rythem of the delays in any of the delay modes.

we should be the offical dd20 pimpers

• Members

Ooh oh one more thing - this is the question asked about all the delay pedals: Does the feedback stop when you turn the effect off? Cause that's the one con of the boutique delays I've been looking at.

no. when you turn off the first pedal (which turns the delay on/off), the delays continue as normal.

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

no. when you turn off the first pedal (which turns the delay on/off), the delays continue as normal.

one of the best features of the pedal!

i couldn't use a delay that didn't continue to repeat when you turned it off. its so unatural sounding to be playing a very delayed part and then when you switch it off its all just gone.

• Members

I have it and love it.
Question though. What are people's opinions of the analog setting? This is the only pedal that I've ever really used. I like the standard setting but the analog setting's decay rate sounds...I dunno what the word is...someone told me that thats what analogs are supposed to do....what do you guys think?

• Members

Originally posted by whpprsnpprr

I have it and love it.

Question though. What are people's opinions of the analog setting? This is the only pedal that I've ever really used. I like the standard setting but the analog setting's decay rate sounds...I dunno what the word is...someone told me that thats what analogs are supposed to do....what do you guys think?

its very nice. its 9 out of 10 with 10 being real analog.

thats what analog sounds like.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

one of the best features of the pedal!

i couldn't use a delay that didn't continue to repeat when you turned it off. its so unatural sounding to be playing a very delayed part and then when you switch it off its all just gone.

indeed. i use it to create short loops to play over. like this

• Members

Ooh oh one more thing - this is the question asked about all the delay pedals: Does the feedback stop when you turn the effect off? Cause that's the one con of the boutique delays I've been looking at.

i've said it before and i'll say it again. when i turn off my delay i want it off. no trails. i tend to leave the delay on most of the time though so the shut off point is often at the end of a song. at that point i want it silent.

different folks. different strokes.

does anyone know if the trails can be disabled on the DD20?

• Members

Originally posted by monkeyland

i've said it before and i'll say it again. when i turn off my delay i want it off. no trails. i tend to leave the delay on most of the time though so the shut off point is often at the end of a song. at that point i want it silent.

i don't think you can.

• Members

Originally posted by monkeyland

hit the right footswitch twice and the trails will stop. the seamless memory switching only goes over one bank.

Archived