Pedals & guitars in San Francisco

PoopDaDoo

• Members

Hi all,

I'm in San Francisco for the week (business meeting) and I was wondering if anyone could point me to a decent place to shop for pedals and/or guitars (new and used)?

Most folks in town have told me to go to the Guitar Center on Van Ness, but there must be something else, no?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Members

There's surprisingly little. You could try Real Guitars just off Mission on Lafayette. It's a 10 minute hike from Civic Center, and has a smattering of (overpriced) vintage guitars and some boutique pedals. Hope you have a good business trip--have you been to SF before?

• Members

Most of the East Bay / Peninsula is pretty meh. Starving Musicians isn't much to shake a stick at. Haight Ashbury Music is overpriced, not great selection. I have heard great things about that place in San Mateo (forgot the name). Oh and Bananas at Large in in north bay has a good selection, but the employees don't know {censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by opiepac

I have heard great things about that place in San Mateo (forgot the name).

Gelb music:cool:

And yes I saw some cool pedals, and really awesome guitars there.....and nice amps too:o

Really nice and helpful people in there so don't be afraid to say hi if you go in there.

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Gelb music:cool:

And yes I saw some cool pedals, and really awesome guitars there.....and nice amps too:o

Really nice and helpful people in there so don't be afraid to say hi if you go in there.

Our drummer LOVES Gelb. I've never been, but I trust 'im...

• Members

Gelb is truly an awesome shop w/ a great selection of anderson, PRS, fender and gibsons. EFX-wise they have a wide range of fulltone stuff and a bunch of other interesting efx. Great amp selection also. Best staff I've ever dealt with in a guitar shop, bar none. I don't work there but I do spend WAY to much $ there :)

If you are down there and you are an acoustic guy make sure you check out Gryphon in Palo Alto. They also carry Carr amps and have an excellent selection of hollowbodies....

• Members

Real Guitars had some ZVex and some nice Silverface Fenders (Musicmasters, Champs, etc). The shop dude was a great bloke but that might be cos I was with a local who was a friend of his and I had arrived in SF that day so they thought it was cool to be in London in the morning and CA in the afternoon.

Archived