Why is there so little fuss about the Creamware ASB`s??

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Bryce

Do you think the company that makes Cool Whip (Kraft, I think) asked the original designers of whipped cream for permission before marketing a pathetic imitation of the real thing?

:D

dB

Some people are allergic to analog.

• Members

Originally posted by Array

I thought that the demos which were posted on the CreamWare site sounded like ass.

What does that tell you?

A. Its a worthless synthesizer

B. Creamware does not put any effort in doing good demos

To recieve the answer, visit your local musicstore today :D

• Members

The local rep for the creamware stuff has been running around trying to convince people to buy items of late. One of the local stores had a B4000 that had just been delivered.

I didn't get a chance to hear it powered up, but I did notice that several of the pots wobbled. Not a great sign.

I'd probably be quite keen to pick up a prodyssey, but I'd prefer a voyager to a minimax ;)

B>

• Members

I think it's strictly a price issue. They are just too expensive for what you get when everything under the sun already emulates those synths to some extent. I don't need an exact emulation and just about no one else does either. The majority of people that really know what the originals sound like have 1 foot in the grave already anyway.

What they are selling is a niche product for really anal people that have to have an exact emulation but are too cheap to just buy and maintain the real thing.

If they were in the $399 range they would probably sell pretty well but softsynths in the $600+ price range are just not worth it. Look at the current price point for the legacy collection then look at the price point for the creamware stuff. Is that much extra for a few chips? Not.

And yes, german synth companies really seem to struggle with the 'running a company' part of the equation. Sometimes I just think it's the same 4 or 5 guys screwing up over and over. It's always a decent idea with bad implementation (buggy OS, bad price point, bad support, no analog inputs on your filter box, etc.) or sometime just products nobody wants (geko's, filter box with no analog inputs, the space crickets things....)

• Members

To a certain extent, they're fixing the two biggest (fixable) problems with softsynths:

1. Having to keep them working on a general purpose computer with OS and CPU-allocation issues, and

2. The lack of a nice tactile interface with knobs specifically laid out for the synth in question.

B>

Archived