Im breaking strings like crazy!!!!!!!

Redfox777

• Members

Originally posted by Redfox777

definatly breaking at the bridge. I have schecter c1 ea and it has that little through bridge thingy. dont really know how to explain it.

One of the bridge saddles may have a sharp spot most likely. They do get old and wear out, especially if you're retarded like me and tune to C, etc...

• Members

hmmm should i get it intonated too? And how much does tech work on a guitar usually cost?

Uhhmmm if a tech sets up your guitar, makes adjustments and doesn't intonate it...find a new tech.

Usually a set up is around $50 or less, a few bucks more if a saddle needs replaced or something.

• Members

Just out of curiousity (plus the fact that im an idiot) what is this saddle you speak of? Is it the part that you intonate? Or is it the thing that holds the end of the string?

The string comes through the hole in your body, sleeved by ferrules (or little metal tubes), then rests across the saddles which are the little individual pieces on the bridge. Yes...they are pieces moved during an intonation...you got it holmes.
:)

• Members
Originally posted by lowroadrevival

The string comes through the hole in your body, sleeved by ferrules (or little metal tubes), then rests across the saddles which are the little individual pieces on the bridge. Yes...they are pieces moved during an intonation...you got it holmes.

:)

Mind you, there are other things that come out of holes in your body.

• Members

ohh cool. Mine doesnt go through the body though. It has the type of set up that prss have. Thanks for all the help yall. Hopefully this will save me a lot of money and grief.
:thu:

I'm not sure exactly what bridge you have on yours. I think schecter and see those "through body" deals. Anyways...good luck.

Archived