Has anyone been dissapointed in the SCOD?

Matt_plan-R

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I'm using it mainly as a soloing pedal 'cause I think it's not trebly enough for rhythm work. Excels at fat, sustained solos though, and plays well with my other dirt boxes. Wish it had more treble though.

put an EQ or a Boss EH-2 Enhancer behind it, problem solved.

Actually, put an A/B Loop box behind it, with in A loop a boost/EQ and in the B loop the Enhancer.

Switch to A for your leadtone, and to B for your more trebly rhythm tone. Leave the SCOD on all the time.

• Members

Guys using clean fender amps will differ from me (dirty bassman, dirty mig60, dirty ampeg vt22) but it lacked some bass for me. The Eq on my ampeg is active, and I had to really boost the bass control when I used the SCOD, it sounded good until I turned it off and my cleans were bad.

when i had my amps set clean or barely breaking up to my liking, and i switched on the SCOD, there was more gain, but the bass was gone... I am, however, using single coils which makes a big difference as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Leftside

Guys using clean fender amps will differ from me (dirty bassman, dirty mig60, dirty ampeg vt22) but it lacked some bass for me. The Eq on my ampeg is active, and I had to really boost the bass control when I used the SCOD, it sounded good until I turned it off and my cleans were bad.

when i had my amps set clean or barely breaking up to my liking, and i switched on the SCOD, there was more gain, but the bass was gone... I am, however, using single coils which makes a big difference as well.

I didn't like it with my hot rodded plexi clone at all, it sort of sounded like it lost bass. Something about the two gain stages not playing well together, but when I run it through my clean sunn, it's bliss! All the low end I could ever want. Strange.

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

I didn't like it with my hot rodded plexi clone at all, it sort of sounded like it lost bass. Something about the two gain stages not playing well together, but when I run it through my clean sunn, it's bliss! All the low end I could ever want. Strange.

exactly...

I think it's suited for fender style amps set very clean

Archived