NYC HCFX Jam is booked!

Chriss

• Members

Originally posted by Chriss

Sunday, November 20 from 1-4 pm

Ultrasound Studios

251 West 30th Street - 4th Floor Studio R

Three hours for $87, cheap! Fun fun fun!

ROLL CALL!

Chriss

double that, and you could have half the pedals ever talked about on this forum under your pillow for the rest of your life.

but what's the fun of that?

8^P

• Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

double that, and you could have half the pedals ever talked about on this forum under your pillow for the rest of your life.

but what's the fun of that?

8^P

Perhaps, but would be lacking that ineffable human element that will gloriously manifest itself on this day of days.

• Members

OK, i goofed entirely. I was told Ultrasound booking is on the fourth floor, which it is.... but I WENT TO THE WRONG STUDIO ON THE 4th FLOOR!!!

Anyway, I just called Ultrasound (they clued me into the fact that I had booked the wrong place) to book a room with them. I told them I wanted their biiggest room because we'll have a bunch of people coming, but they told me they have a 10 person limit!

But fear not. They are partnered with a studio on the 7th floor that is even bigger and has no limit on the number of people. The jam is now at

Recon Studios
251 W. 30th Street
7th Floor
Studio I

It's a bit more money ($96 as opposed to the aforementioned $87). Sorry for the confusion, total brain lapse on my part! Thank you quesosero for alerting me.

• Members

Good job on finding out about the people limits. It's one of those things that they might bring up with a typical rehearsal space deadpan once a buncha people show up. $96 for 3 hours still aint that bad, if we have 10 people then that's just $10 each...

251 is the same building Ultrasound's in, right? Just checking...

• Members

Yeah, I just posted the same thing on another thread to make sure the word gets out to everyone. The place I mistakenly booked is AM Studios, and just as a warning, don't ever book there! When I just called them to cancel, the douchebag on the phone told me I couldn't get my deposit back! I had to get loud with him to convince him to refund me, but he was a real prick about it. Thank God we're not jamming there!

• Members

I just posted this on the other thread:

OK, I just spoke to the guy at Ultrasound, he said the studio at Recon has the following:

2 Marshall heads with Boogie bottoms
1 Boogie Heartbreaker
1 Peavey Bass amp

That sounds pretty meager to me. What, no Fenders?

He said the amp showcase room at Ultrasound has tons of amps, but is $38 an hour, and has the 10 person limit. If ten people showed, it would still be around $10 a person. Maybe we should book that room and limit it to the first 10 people that sign on, and we could always do another jam for people who got boxed out of the first one, if there is a demand for it.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards booking the amp showcase room at Ultra to the first 10 who sign on, but I'll go along with whatever the general consensus is.

• Members

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards booking the amp showcase room at Ultra to the first 10 who sign on, but I'll go along with whatever the general consensus is.

I might not be coming but have you tried Euphoria? They are on 28th st I believe. Nice studios, boutique amps, prices equivalent to Ultrasound. I don't know about a limit though.

• Members

I'm more for one big jam/party. Truthfully, I don't even want to play much, but let others use my funny noise makers.

BTW, I'm in. Probably going to be dragging a friend along too.

• Members

Count me in.

I think the bigger space with no person limit is better. I don't really need to try out multiple amps. I just want to try out pedals and have others enjoy mine.

And if more than 4 people are playing at once it's just going to be loud and weird anyway...

Actually, that sounds perfect (loud and weird)

Archived