compressors

saxamafone

• Members

gday,

im actually a bass player, but guitarists know more about this stuff....

i been looking at getting a compressor cause im a pretty aggresive player, and occasionally when i get right into it, and go a little overboard i get some clipping.

i have looked at dbx 160a and urei LA10 or LA12 compressors. These are about my price range.

was just wondering if anyone had any ideas - positive/negative - about these compressors, or is there something else out there to have a look at.

cheers

• Members

The Tech 21 Bass Compactor is a really good bass compressor, but they dont make them anymore so if you can find one get it. The boss LMB-3 is a limiter and not a compressor and I didn't like the one I had one bit, so avoid that.

Ashdown are selling bass pedals now and they have a dual band bass compressor which looks very nice.

Lots of bass players use rack compressors, but I think there's merits to both.

• Members

hmmm, sounds expensive, I would suggest a stompbox, particularly a stompbox comp made for bass such as the EBS MultiComp or that rather intriguing new Ashdown pedal

Bass-Pedals-lg.jpg

I have an old EHX Low Frequency Compressor, it was meant for bass, it does a pretty good job and even adds some gnarl if needed

• Members

awesome pic
cheers.
im still a little synical of the stomp boxes. i currently have a full rack set up, so i might try and keep it that way.
stevevht just told me about RNC compressors - Really Nice Compressors. they seem pretty good and resonably priced. only problem is we dont get {censored} out here in australia, so i have to buy to try... ouch if it doesnt do the trick.

• Members
Originally posted by Macdaddy Music

A bass player - hey....you can't post here!
;)

Sorry dude... you guys just seem to know more about it.
also with the peddle, im not really trying to use it as an effect. ie turning it on and off.
i sorta want it just to level my playing. as im in a heavy rock alternative band, i can sorta get a bit pumped on stage and in the moment thump the b a little hard. just knowing that it is going to cover my arse would be good

Archived