V-amp 3?

Fusion1

• Members

I've had a V-amp 2 for 2 years at least now and I bought it used. Just figured they'd have something new by now. Guessing from the leaps and bounds sound difference with ther new Zoom G2 that Behringer needs to stop di*king around and put out a V-amp3 already.

• Members

The V-Amp2 had 1 big advantage over the POD 2.0, and that were the clean sounds. High gain they were hitting the same ballpark.

While the LED circles around the knobs are a VERY good idea, the plastic enclosure isn't!

I hope Behringer learns from this! (and include a footswitch with at least 3(!) presets. Clean, Rhythm, Lead. That's what most people would like. )

• Members

Originally posted by Fusion1

I've had a V-amp 2 for 2 years at least now and I bought it used. Just figured they'd have something new by now. Guessing from the leaps and bounds sound difference with ther new Zoom G2 that Behringer needs to stop di*king around and put out a V-amp3 already.

You can spell out "dicking" around. You want get banned for that like they do on that Nazi fender site.

• Members

Originally posted by Speeddemon

The V-Amp2 had 1 big advantage over the POD 2.0, and that were the clean sounds. High gain they were hitting the same ballpark.

While the LED circles around the knobs are a VERY good idea, the plastic enclosure isn't!

I hope Behringer learns from this! (and include a footswitch with at least 3(!) presets. Clean, Rhythm, Lead. That's what most people would like. )

To do that, I'm pretty sure they'd have to include a MIDI footswitch, which of course would push them beyond the price point I think they were shooting for.

I think the preset shift delay is blown totally out of proportion by most people. It only happens when you're changing amp models, and it's not *that* long. Most songs would provide ample time.

IMO, the only real problem with the VAmp2 is the lack of power switch. Other than that, as blaghaus would say, it ace!

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I think the preset shift delay is blown totally out of proportion by most people. It only happens when you're changing amp models, and it's not *that* long. Most songs would provide ample time.

Very noticeable and very annoying. Especially if you play speed metal. You'd have to anticipate the change beforehand which was quirky cuz it still sounded like a {censored} up in the song.

• Members

I am pretty sure Behringer will come out with something soon. They may not be great innovators, but they are VERY good at reacting to new products!

I have had a V-amp2 for a couple of years as well... just picked up the Zoom G2 a week ago ($45 on Craigslist!).

For a while I used to use the V-amp live instead of an amp, and the delay when switching patches eventually got to be pretty aggravating. I can say that having had the Zoom for just a few days, this thing kicks ass. It's actually a little bit scary... I mean, it's freekin ZOOM. But my main complaints about the Behringer were always the switching delay and the way it's really not set up for live playing (odd shape and cords going every which way), and that to really use it right I would have had to get the midi foot controller...

The Zoom G2 is metal, heavy, compact, extremely user-friendly, has NO delay when switching, and sounds KILLER. I don't really use it for amp modeling - mostly for delays and modulation effects, but it smokes. AND it's only $99 new.:D

• Members

Agreed. I had the v-amp as well, but the delay in patch changes and also the cords going out left right and centre did become a bit of a hassle after a while. However, it still did make some nice sounds, especially for the price. I think people need to realise that the v-amp2 isn't really made for live performances.

After reading the positive reviews here I also picked up the Zoom G2 (the one with expression pedal and usb output) and its awesome. It was a bit of a learning curve compared to the vamp in terms of creating and saving new patches, but it can make some awesome sounds and there is literally no delay in switching between patches, period. I am impressed. So many options, and I like the fact that I can put my phaser and various other effects before or after the amp sim. I couldn't do that on v-amp.

My v-amp is up on ebay as we speak, so if any Aussies want a v-amp cheap, PM me :)

• Members

Yeah I think I'll be trying out the G2 myself. Would be pretty funny using the front end from the V-amp (because I do like alot of the modelled amps) and using the fx from the G2. Still have the problems of switching the modelled amps from the V-amp2 though without the lag between presets...

• Members
Originally posted by my88keys

The Zoom G2 is metal, heavy, compact, extremely user-friendly, has NO delay when switching, and sounds KILLER. I don't really use it for amp modeling - mostly for delays and modulation effects, but it smokes. AND it's only $99 new.
:D

+1

I bought a G2 a few weeks ago & it works amaizingly well for modulation & delay sounds

I know they are cheap, but they seem allot better made than most of it's competitors at the moment!

Archived