Going to SoCal...

UnChained!

• Members

...To see Mickey and friends!

We're taking the our daughter to Disneyland over the next 5 days. Staying at my Dad's in Laguna Woods.

Anything besides the truely obvious I should check out while I'm there? This is our first trip to Disneyland.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

will you be mobile? cuz most of Orange County blows goats. but if you can get up to LA, there's some good {censored} to be seen.

Possibly, I asked the G'parents if they would like to have the munchkin for the day on Sunday. Thought the wife and I might take a trip up to LA.

Give me some POI's that I could knock out in a day trip?

• Members

Hi Unchained,

Don't know if you know it or not but there is Disneyland AND California Adventure. You can get a pass that will allow you to go to both. I would probably dedicate 1 day to each. If that isn't enough Theme Park for you there is also Knott's Berry Farm very close by. Besides that check out the beaches, and welcome to So. Cal !!!

If you hit In N Out order a Double Double "Animal style"
YUM!!

• Members

Originally posted by paydirt

Hi Unchained,

Don't know if you know it or not but there is Disneyland AND California Adventure. You can get a pass that will allow you to go to both. I would probably dedicate 1 day to each. If that isn't enough Theme Park for you there is also Knott's Berry Farm very close by. Besides that check out the beaches, and welcome to So. Cal !!!

If you hit In N Out order a Double Double "Animal style"

YUM!!

3 In N Out's!

Got the 2 day park hopper passes! Dad has a season pass and sent a home dvd of the new "block party" with the Toy Story characters, Sully, Mr. Incredible - etc. My daughter has been asking about THAT for 6 weeks!

• Members

there are TONS. i'll defer to actual SoCal residents here for the most part, but Melrose Ave and Venice Beach are a coupla broad suggestions.

Thanks man! BTW, how far is Oakland from Yuba City? My sis is up there. We fly in to Sac. twice a year to visit them.

• Members

will you be mobile? cuz most of Orange County blows goats. but if you can get up to LA, there's some good {censored} to be seen.

MOST of Orange County... but in Orange there is Tone Merchants. It's probably the best store around here to check out some boutique effects, boutique amps, and obscure/ridiculously expensive guitars... You're going to be in the Anaheim area when you go to Disneyland anyway, so TM would be the place to go. There are plenty of random shops in OC but if you can make it to LA that's where the better gear (not deals, just gear) can usually be found. The LA Guitar Center, the Mesa/Boogie Store and like 2 cool music shops are all within 5 minutes or so walking distance. I haven't been in a while or I'd give you cross streets and whatnot.

• Members
Originally posted by Leftside

MOST of Orange County... but in Orange there is Tone Merchants. It's probably the best store around here to check out some boutique effects, boutique amps, and obscure/ridiculously expensive guitars... You're going to be in the Anaheim area when you go to Disneyland anyway, so TM would be the place to go. There are plenty of random shops in OC but if you can make it to LA that's where the better gear (not deals, just gear) can usually be found. The LA Guitar Center, the Mesa/Boogie Store and like 2 cool music shops are all within 5 minutes or so walking distance. I haven't been in a while or I'd give you cross streets and whatnot.

Tone Merchants - Got it! :thu:

• Members

I was recently in San Diego and can say that my new wife and I really enjoyed their zoo. Probably about an hour and a half from where you'll be. It's top notch for sure and some very good touristing for children and parents. Also, I'd say that Laguna Beach and San Juan Capistrano are really beautiful places that deserve a visit.

• Members

Originally posted by TigerInATrance

I was recently in San Diego and can say that my new wife and I really enjoyed their zoo. Probably about an hour and a half from where you'll be. It's top notch for sure and some very good touristing for children and parents. Also, I'd say that Laguna Beach and San Juan Capistrano are really beautiful places that deserve a visit.

+Alot

Did that all last year and I agree, the zoo is top notch! Laguna Beach was really nice also.

Archived