NI Komplete 3 for $599. GC exclusive?

Unfed

• Members

This is irritating...

first they offer kore & an upgrade for $499. i thought i did well getting it for $449 total.

now they come out with this...the whole package less kore for $599.

i paid $499 for komplete 2 a year or two ago.

that's about a grand for what they are now asking $600 + kore.

this is thier usual marketing MO. I am sure there is something big in the offing in the next couple of months or they wouldn't be discounting it as aggressively.

i am still experiencing some issues w/kore...we'll see how this shakes out.

• Members

i saw it in the little book they sent me in the mail. i guess it's for their '42nd Anniversary Extravaganza!', dated August '06.

p.45, it says 'Every NI synth collected in one box - 60% off ONLY DURING ANNIVERSARY'. $599.99 (save $899) - Guitar Center exclusive! While supplies last.' Kore is listed below it for $499 (select stores), it says you can save an additional $100 when buying both Kore and Komplete 3 together.

Ableton Live 5 is also on sale for $299, which seems normal with the update coming... looks like they've got the V-Synth for $1199... and a $5999 Fender Strat for all you OASYS whiners...

:D

• Members

Originally posted by baldo

This is irritating...

first they offer kore & an upgrade for $499. i thought i did well getting it for $449 total.

now they come out with this...the whole package less kore for $599.

i paid $499 for komplete 2 a year or two ago.

that's about a grand for what they are now asking $600 + kore.

this is thier usual marketing MO. I am sure there is something big in the offing in the next couple of months or they wouldn't be discounting it as aggressively.

i am still experiencing some issues w/kore...we'll see how this shakes out.

ahh software....

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

baldo
- who said anything about Kore being included?

:eek:

no one. certainly not me.

the kore & komplete upgrade package is still available for $499; an extension of the program that was to end 30JUN.

i see that the best price for komplete 3 & kore is $999 ($499 + $599 - $100) as a combo.

the $599 is a good deal if you have been looking to get komplete.

like i said, they must be readyto announce another major release / update of komplete. look for it in time for the holidays...

• Members

like i said, they must be readyto announce another major release / update of komplete. look for it in time for the holidays...

Unless they come out with some new products, the only products they can add to Komplete 3 (to become Komplete 4) would be:

-- Akoustik Piano

-- Bandstand

-- Kore (I doubt this would be added since they would have to include the controller)

-- Traktor DJ Studio

I don't think that would be enough to entice existing Komplete 3 owners to upgrade.

• Members

i know kore must be a major disappointment with the reviews and varoius issues.

it just seems that everytime NI offers some specials a new 'product' is on the horizon.

i've been an NI customer since '90 and they follow this pattern consistently.

just imho..i could be wrong.

• Members

The reviews have been mixed- some reviews were stellar and some not so good.

KORE so far's really dependent on the machine; while I've had some issues, they haven't been critical for the most part. Also, remember that the people posting in the KORE forum are going to be the people with issues. While I try to help with the issues as mich as possible (I'm the forum moderator), sometimes all I can do is tell them to contact support...

ew

• Members

Actually, both Computer Music UK and Sound on Sound UK have raved about Kore.

IMHO, they should have performed some additional testing prior to its release (both Kore and the new registration app -- "NI Service Center"). I am sure they will eventually get all the bugs worked out.

• Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

Actually, both Computer Music UK and Sound on Sound UK have raved about Kore.

IMHO, they should have performed some additional testing prior to its release (both Kore and the new registration app -- "NI Service Center"). I am sure they will eventually get all the bugs worked out.

the fellow that reveiwed in SOS came out with an explanation about his positive review. He claimed he didn't know kore had the driver and cpu issues. he was very straightforward and thoughtful in his re review of the product. he was not nearly as complimentary the second time.

kore has great potential, too bad the initial delivery was with an inferior hardware product w/serious software issues.

Archived