Octron Placement:quick!

guitarchris

• Members

alright, as most of my bord changes I'm doing this last minute! i need to know where I should place my OCTRON. I've been using it infront of everthing but am thinking of putting it after my boost between the Phase 90 (see picture).I have another pedal there that I'm thinking of thatnking out(not pictured)

Do you think that will sound like poop? I don't want to rip every thing up just to try so I'm asking the voiced of experience....yeah, you guys.

MVC-210S.jpg

BTW I'm leaving the house in live 30 minutes so HURY!

icon_headbang.gif

• Members

Originally posted by box handler

I didn't know Mike Fuller was a forumite!

j

:D I know it's bad, I fell in love with the Fulldrive and just kept trying out more stuff. I'm building a boost pedal, so the Fat Boost will go soon. I'm always lloking for the "right" Distortion/heavy OD....maybe the SCOD, but I don't think I'll ditch the DP too quickly....it took me like 6 months with that pedal to find a sound I liked. I like the sweep on the Clyde better than the Picture Wah that I have. Plus Mike Fuller is an ass....especialy in emails, if he responds...but that's a story for another day folks.

But, I don't love all fulltones....I hated the fuzzes that I had by him. Soulbender,'69,octafuzz,ultimate octave.....all sucked with my set up.

Yep that's your Octron! I dig it....i just don't have a ton of places that it fits into what my band is already doing. like I said above I used it on two songs. I think if I do too much more and it will fall in the same category of "Kirk Hammet with a wah", you know...when you are screaming for him to do a solo w/o the thing off. It does give a boost of creativity though. It sort of falls into the group with some other pedals that i had: Zvex OOH WAH and tremolo probe...cool for a while. If I ever run across a OOH wah for cheap I might give it another try, but the tremolo/volume probe is useless to me.

Archived