best ebay item photo ever

G-bus

• Members

While the original poster is all very annoyed etc, apart from the lifted listing, is there any reason to think the new seller isn't just someone lazy with a modular to sell?

It isn't another 1-day-auction from China, for example?

B>

• Members

IIRC, there is a thread about this on VSE where the author of the pictures had an email conversation with the scammer. As you might guess, the scammer came up with all sorts of good-sounding reasons for stealing the pictures. He could not fathom why it is wrong to steal someone else's work -- or, at least, why it is stupid to hotlink to images you don't control.

• Members

I didn't suggest for a second that the image-thief wasn't a cretin, I was merely curious why people immediately assumed he was a scammer.

I found some random teenage idiot using a ballet picture from my site as their myspace background once. A quick nasty email fixed that, but I had to put up with deleting a whiny email from some american teenager who couldn't see why anything she could find on the web wasn't hers.

B>

edit: Gah, now some random Chinese female has stolen the same picture, and one of the filthy image search engines has found it.

ballet-1.jpg

That was a real pig to take.

• Members

Originally posted by packrat

While the original poster is all very annoyed etc, apart from the lifted listing, is there any reason to think the new seller isn't just someone lazy with a modular to sell?

Whether he's lazy or not isn't really the point. Chances are, he doesn't have a modular for sale and is just trying to pull a scam. Even if he does have one for sale, it's dishonest to pull someone else's text and pictures and claim that they're pics of your actual item for sale.

Archived