Sharpest, Meanest, Most Agressive Distortion

losergeek

• Members

To me sharp and thick are two different sounds. Trying to do both with one distortion takes up too much "space" in the mix and might sound great on its own but in a band loses a lot.

So for sharp, Maestro FZ-1S, Ibanez Standard Fuzz, Rosac Nu-Fuzz (or Distortion Blender), and Shin-ei FY-2.

• Members

How about that MMFX Fender Bender that you just scored??? :confused:

If it's not up to snuff, then one of the official Fender RIs of the Blender may be better suited for the din you crave ... or, perhaps, an Uglyface.:freak::D

• Members
Originally posted by losergeek

The bender is great for the massive wall of fuzz sound; I'm looking for something tighter I think.

I dunno. Maybe an EQ pedal or something.

Alex

Try cascading a boost into it. :idea::thu:

• Members

if you're looking for something really sharp, i would suggest the Rectified Zombie Distortion by Rocktron. if you want something seriously nasty/crappy, go for the Rogue DST-5 (15 bucks of pure crap). or if you want something crazy/nasty, but still really cool, go for the Fender Blender.

you could always research what pedals NIN used for that era.

oh, and the Zvex Machine, and the Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun and Soundwave Breakdown might do the trick...but definitely not all at the same time *turns white at the thought*...

• 8 months later...
  • Members

yeah,simply pocket out $$$ for a machine...followed by the fuzz fact. I keep the settings @ 8oclock and voila...its more percussive piece of solid metal being dragged and scraped through the ground going at 500 miles per hour... probly the most interesting texture I've heard in a while.

I've also discovere a really cheaper way of doing things by having a chain of the following:

fuzz factory>Digitech Grunge>E13 Sodameiser

its not a wall of fuzz, its a fuxxing typhoon of fuzz...the way each pedal contribute their best elements...I get addicted and just shove my ears beside the amp...literally...

that or the machine in ff...I love them, because you're really asking yourself "why am I doing this? what the crap is wrong with my guitar?"

yes...those type of questions.

• Members
:idea:

zvex machine ---> DOD Buzz Box --> EHX Freq Analyzer --> Metal Zone --> Straight into the board!!

:eek::love::cry:

edit:

or just pick any two from the chain. I think any combination would result in madness.

edit 2:

actually substitute the metal zone for a DOD Grunge/Death Metal.

:freak:

Archived