Anyone own a CE-1?

Uchison

• Members

Originally posted by Wyatt

Not all of the vintage vibe. It is mono. It would definitely work for 90% of my needs.

But a CE-1 running in stereo is one of the lushes, fullest sounding experiences short of a real rotating speaker.

-Y.

Yup your right about that. My experience with Tim has been that he would probably be happy to customize a stereo version if possible. He seems pretty responsive to some of the annoying questions I had and willing to mod for the price of shipping.....It is a great sounding unit. and to be perfectly frank I thought it kicked the Clone Chorus' ass emphatically. Both versitility wise and sonically. I found it to be lusher and deeper with a more usable range of speeds. (I.e. less of the drunken sea sick sailor thing on the really fast speeds....)

The clone was nice but I didn't find it to be 130$ more nice then the old ross in my sig. So i sold it. I picked up the Retrosonic and found it to definitly be 130$ better then Ross hence the ross in my sig!

Gosh I love stereo; I'm just to lazy to get the set up together. I really should just get two DRRI or something and do it though...

• Members

I've been through a lot of choruses, the ce-1 being one of them. I got the bug after owning one. However, I have never found anything that quite matches it's magic, but the input distortion renders it basically unuseable for most situations. I think I might buy another for studio use. Right now I use the retro sonic. It is the closest I've found so far, but for what it fixes in input distortion, it misses in "vibe" (and I dont mean vibrato).

Other pedals I tried to replace the ce-1 with:

ce-2, TZF, ce-3. ce-5, fulltone unit (forget the name), arion, etc. The retro sonic came closest. The analog man bi-chorus looks promising though.

• Members
Originally posted by Heineken

IMO HEY Uchison, read the HC user reviews, there's a simple mod changing the potentio's, making it much more "guitar-friendly". I don't own one , but a friend of mine has and i played it extensively. It's great in a stereo setup, but if you play mono, a CE-2 does the trick almost as good.

Yes, I did read the reviews already some time ago after I purchased it. Got that potentio fixed right away, but it didn't really solve it all. Got a lot better tough.
Also had someone change the switch to treu-bypass. That was also a good thing, but I use the pedal mostly mono..so maybe I will have to check the Retro-Sonic. I was already thinking about getting the Fulltone, but I'm not shure yet..heard it. It's great and very expensive..:( Haven't tried the Retro-Sonic and unfortunately we have no dealer around here for them...so I would have to take a risk..
Aahh, forgot to say that the Vibrato side is a really nice ad-on I use as well...:rolleyes:

Archived