5 worst sportsmen of all time

blaghaus

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Well, Eric got hurt in the fourth game, diving for a catch (he's my alltime hero, but he's one guy that could've used some steroids, or at least a good home-cooked meal...but talk about talent!)

And folks (not you) forget what a series Hatcher had. About the best hitting series EVER. And yeah, Sabo and Hal Morris and others stepped up. And Rijo was unhittable back then. THAT was team baseball! Thing is, Hatcher broke his hand in that last game, too, so they would've been without the two best hitters of that series if they hadn't swept them.

Oh, and I never heard about that Cone incident. That's crazy. What was he thinking?

Hatcher was an ANIMAL that series. Didn't he hit something like .750 for the Series? Insane. I asked Charlton and Pinella about that once and Pinella said he would've fined anyone who had even TALKED about hitting around Hatcher. Even if he overheard it, he didn't want to change his mindset. Charlton said you were afraid to snap your fingers around him for fear of waking him up. He was a total stud that year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by yaz75

Hatcher was an ANIMAL that series. Didn't he hit something like .750 for the Series? Insane. I asked Charlton and Pinella about that once and Pinella said he would've fined anyone who had even TALKED about hitting around Hatcher. Even if he overheard it, he didn't want to change his mindset. Charlton said you were afraid to snap your fingers around him for fear of waking him up. He was a total stud that year.

And that has to be one of the scariest bullpens of alltime, too, huh?

nastyboys.jpg

And Charlton was the NORMAL one of that bunch!

• Members

Okay. I nominate the afore-mentioned Amanda Beard as the worst sport. I just looked on her website and it said "Click here to buy Amanda's new DVD." So I clicked, with visions of sugarplums dancing through my head. And what do you know, it's a {censored}ing swimming instructional video! :mad:

But get this, at least it includes this description:

Go Swim Breaststroke with Amanda Beard

Amanda Beard

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

how did Sammy Sosa make someone's list?

for the most part - he seems like a quiet, humble guy that has a gift.

am i missing some sort of coverage?

it's possible - baseball bores me to tears, and i avoid watching it.

He became a cancer to my team. He reported for a game, then left the park. Very bad sportsmanship IMO, though not on the level of Romanowski, Bertuzzi, etc. I'd also like to mention Ty Cobb.

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

However, he did have a misplaced temper at times.
:(

Just a little bit. :D

I've also made it a point to copy him and never set foot in Michigan unless I have to, though I think I did once accidentally drive into Michigan when my dad and I went camping at the Indiana State Dunes. However, I've still never spent any money in that state, though.

I HAVE always wondered about pulling a Newman and taking aluminum cans there for the deposit. Does anyone know if they still have that ten cent deposit or whatever?

Archived