• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by t_e_l_e

john ellway

maradonna (i lost my faith in u)

hmm...

Maradona is the greatest footballer to ever lace up a pair of boots. Cheating coke addled freak, but just {censored}ing majestic with the ball.

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

Maradona is the greatest footballer to ever lace up a pair of boots. Cheating coke addled freak, but just {censored}ing majestic with the ball.

no Pele is/was greater, i know you can't compare the times they played, but what maradonna did in his after football live is not what i consider a great sportsmen

• Members

Originally posted by t_e_l_e

no Pele is/was greater, i know you can't compare the times they played, but what maradonna did in his after football live is not what i consider a great sportsmen

Thats two different arguements. Pele is a hair's breadth behind Maradona for two reasons.

1. Pele was always surrounded with the worlds best players. Maradona was more often than not surrounded with mediocrity

2. Maradona could do things with the ball that no other player could dream about.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

How long until he's panhandling on the OSU campus?

I don't think he'd do so well there these days. Maybe if he grew a beard and wore dark glasses.

He really ought to be somehow made to give talks to high-school football players around the country about how not to pursue a career.

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

I don't think he'd do so well there these days. Maybe if he grew a beard and wore dark glasses.

He really ought to be somehow made to give talks to high-school football players around the country about how not to pursue a career.

I've even heard rumors that he was drinking in the trainer's room at the Broncos facilities. Something must've gone extremely wrong for him to derail a career like that.

And the thing that nobody realizes (including him) is that although he was the feature back on an NCAA champion team as a freshman, it was still an NCAA champion team; he was surrounded by greatness during a cinderella season. And he didn't do THAT great. Whoever advised him to do what he did oughtta be taken out back and gunned down.

Archived