One amp to rule them all

Lefty Geek

• Members

A few months ago, I purchased an entry-level analog synth (a Moog). I think I might have damaged one of my tube amps by playing thru it. Never raised the volume beyond low, but those analog synths deliver great bass sounds, so I was playing those low notes the majority of the time.

What I am looking for is an amp to handle (not at the same time):
synths
bass
cheapo drum machine
baritone (6-string bass) guitar
and possibly guitar

I guess what I want is a keyboard or bass amp. I will be using this amp for more experimental music, so I don't need to achieve that perfect Marshall, Ampeg, whatever tone. Has to have enough power to small gigs (less than 20 people), and since I live in NYC, it has to be a 1x12" combo since I take all my gear around by subway.

Am I asking for too much? Like I said, I can get away with less than perfect sounds. I will not be recording with this amp, and very likely never gig with it. I don't mind hooking up a modeler/effects in front of it.

• Members

Originally posted by Raymar

How about a
? Never tried one but it looks like what you might want.

Steve

Yeah, I've heard good things about the KC series (I've played briefly through one and it was nice and clean). Multiple ins, so it's like a mixer, but the problem is that it's a keyboard amp, so keys and bass will sound great, but guitar might sound like ass. Possibly the best solution is a KC (for keys & bass) plus a modeler into the KC for guitar?

• Members

Roland keyboard amps rule the market. The KC-550 is the standard others are judged by. I have a KC-350 and find it to be powerful enough to play small to medium gigs and light and compact enough to carry up stairs.

The KC-150 may not be enough for bass though.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

dkitts2002 - Cincinnati OH wrote:

...Roland keyboard amps rule the market. The KC-550 is the standard others are judged by. I have a KC-350 and find it to be powerful enough to play small to medium gigs and light and compact enough to carry up stairs...

Hi there dkitts.
I have a Tonelab SE (amp-modeller/effects-unit) and I am considering buying the KC350 keyboard amp to go with it.

Are you using this amp to amplify a guitar?

If so are you using it with an amp modeller?

Any feedback at all would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

MBW

Archived