Any good fuzzes out there with a smaller footprint??

krazeexharhar

• Members

Check out the Omega Fuzz at tonefactor.com. It's under Unkle's custom shop. Good fuzz at a price you can't beat. Cleans up well with your guitar's volume knob. It's more in the fuzz face realm than the muff realm. Brad is great to deal with and might even take it back for something else if it wasn't your style. My absolute favorite fuzz in the Muff realm is "The Sweet" by frantone (Fran at Frantone designed the NYC Big Muff). I ended up buying the Frantone Peachfuzz instead because of it's versatility but I WILL have a sweet by the new year! All the FX I have mentioned are quite a bit smaller then your big muff, the Omega Fuzz being the smallest. Check the reviews.

• Members

I went through the smaller footprint NYC big muff thing a few months ago. I wanted something just like the NYC.

What I'm keeping:
General Guitar Gadgets Bobble distortion. To me, this sounds and feels the same.

What's for sale:
Skreddy Ernie. Very similar to the NYC, but has more bite on the front end. If I only played guitar or could fit both on board, I would keep this. I actually preferred it to the Bobble with guitar. But with the bass, the attack was too much for what I was looking for. This box is the smallest on my board (and I only buy small pedals these days). $150 incl USPS CON US.

• Members

Originally posted by justinmc

I went through the smaller footprint NYC big muff thing a few months ago. I wanted something just like the NYC.

What I'm keeping:

General Guitar Gadgets Bobble distortion. To me, this sounds and feels the same.

What's for sale:

Skreddy Ernie. Very similar to the NYC, but has more bite on the front end. If I only played guitar or could fit both on board, I would keep this. I actually preferred it to the Bobble with guitar. But with the bass, the attack was too much for what I was looking for. This box is the smallest on my board (and I only buy small pedals these days). $150 incl USPS CON US.

I also got a bobble, but I think it sounds much better than the NYC, kind of like a cross between a green russian and nyc.

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

decidedly smaller than an EH Muff.

1590BB:

4.67" x 3.68" x 1.18"

or, for our friends in the entire rest of the world:

119mm x 94mm x 30mm

:wave:
hi, rest of the world!

I tried one of these recently, sounded exactly like my old tone-bypass muff, without the horrid bypass, same they don't have an LED.

Archived