GAS that's alive

elctmist

• Members

I have a ripping lust for some Honey Smacks right now. I'd also like a nice ol' Fender amp, but mostly I'm GASing for a real space to set up to record in... control room, decent sized live room... and a rack full of APIs to slay drum with. And a little fridge so I can always have cool milk on me Honey Smacks.

• Members

Mostly recording gear. I'd like some upgrades and patches on my kurzweil keyboard and I'd like to get an 88 key controller.

My bassman is in the shop getting a new tube and cap job so that'll be like getting a new amp. :cool:

Right now what I want more than anything is more skill. LOL!

Pedal gas though..

addrock boostmaster
vex superduper

To a lesser extent...
A dod 250 or 250 clone
catlinbread semaphore

• Members
Originally posted by Weatherbox

I have a ripping lust for some Honey Smacks right now. I'd also like a nice ol' Fender amp, but mostly I'm GASing for a real space to set up to record in... control room, decent sized live room... and a rack full of APIs to slay drum with. And a little fridge so I can always have cool milk on me Honey Smacks.

That's what I want more than anything is a nice space to set my studio up in. But that's not too easy. :D

When we get another house though that's definitely one thing I'm after. As you know I have a console like you and I think, since I do a lot of stuff, one or two tracks at a time it's ridiculous to have this huge ass console, but at the same time I love having all of my {censored} hooked up so I don't have to {censored} with it (bass, keys, 57, large diaphragm condensor, CD Player, turntable, drum machine, compressor, etc. ) Just come in and get to it.

But I still wouldn't mind the APIs.

Have you thought about doing the lunchbox?

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

When we get another house though that's definitely one thing I'm after. As you know I have a console like you and I think, since I do a lot of stuff, one or two tracks at a time it's ridiculous to have this huge ass console, but at the same time I love having all of my {censored} hooked up so I don't have to {censored} with it (bass, keys, 57, large diaphragm condensor, CD Player, turntable, drum machine, compressor, etc. ) Just come in and get to it.

But I still wouldn't mind the APIs.

Have you thought about doing the lunchbox?

I do a lot of full band stuff (relative to the total small mount of recording I do), but I just run my pres right into the 002r so maybe only two channels at once are going into the Soundraft at tracking time - when mixing, I do little submixes and run tracks into the mixer and outboard effects and then back out into stereo tracks in ProTools. It's a HUGE pain in the ass changing stuff around as I'm in a small dark cramped space and climbing behind it with a flashlight in my mouth sorta sucks, but it's what I got for now.

Lunchboxes are way too pricey for me right now. I'm looking at one of the 2 channel Averill units for kick and snare this winter.

Archived