Okay, who wears boots?

gr8fuldodd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

boots for work. i do wood framing on custom homes. right now its a pair of wal-mart Brahma brand. sort of a hiker look with steel toe. they have done surprisingly well so far. when they start to blow out i'll probably search out something better but for now they are fine. especially for the price.

i would like to have something with a softer sole for when i'm on 10/12 roofs like i was today though.

• Members

I do.

Today I'm wearing a pair of black lace up boots that come to my ankle. My utility winter boots (a necessity in Cleveland). Also got a great pair of Columbia Hikers that I've had for a few years, they look good and are probably the best Hiking boots I've ever owned.

Most the time though, I wear a pair of black Engineer boots. 1" heel, short shaft. Took me years to find them, and I'm glad I finally did.

• Members
Originally posted by Cruachan

I love my Timberlands. Only chavs wear trainers all the time.
:)

I have a shoe fetish. What I really need right now is some comfy hanging out shoes though. Converse have gone to {censored} so none of those. But since my last ones tore up, I've been a chav. :) Maybe some Pumas.

I don't like wearing training/walking/running shoes casually because it just means that much sooner you'll have to buy new ones anyways.

Not boots but today I'm wearing what's probably my favorite pair of shoes...my borns.

58912-d.jpg

• Members
rw_2218.jpg

I've got a pair of these Red Wing boots. They are heavy, stiff and amazing. I feel like kicking ass every time I wear them, but mostly just do yardwork.

:wave:

I also have a pair of Scarpa hiking boots that are light, tough and have lasted many, many miles on the trails and peaks of New York State's Adirondack Mountains.

• Members

I have a pair of motorcycle boots that I have had for 15 years that I wear for shows occasionally. They are badass. They have silver studs and non-slip soles. Plus they make me feel taller, and make a really cool tak-tok sound when I walk on hard surfaces.

My wife HAAAAAAATES them. Whenever I wear them she just looks at me wearily, gives a slow melodramatic shake of her head and unsuccessfully tries to stifle a chuckle. But I don't care, because my boots are badass.

• Members

I usually just wear plain black ropers, like the brown ones Thelonius posted, or Brahma work boots. Good luck wearing those out BTW, Monkeyland - I've got a 5yr old pair I can't seem to kill - finally got more out of boredom.

• Members
Originally posted by DICKTRON

It's all good. Although you really should stop {censored}ting in the middle of the living room floor.

Oh, and btw, I'll stop {censored}tin on the living room floor when you stop feeding me yer leftover 5-way. :p

• Members
Originally posted by 5F1G

Oh, and btw, I'll stop {censored}tin on the living room floor when you stop feeding me yer leftover 5-way.
:p

Fair enough. Those nasty dog farts were making me dizzy anyway. Although I do think it's funny when you bark at your ass everytime you let one rip.

Archived