Praise for the Roland Cube 60

TheAtomicJeff

• Members

I've spent a lot ot time over the last two days playing and tweaking this amp and I can't say enough about how versatile it is. It's lightweight, loud and offers a ton of tonal possibilities. Anyone considering one should go ahead and pull the trigger. It must be the best small SS combo in existence today. :thu:

Who else has one of these?

• Members

I've had a Cube 60 for a while now and to be honest I'm not that crazy about it. It's certainly a nice amp for the money and a nice practice amp that has enough power for gigs;but to the experienced ear it will sound like what it is... a digital amp. Also,this amp really needs separate EQ's for the two channels.

• Members

Originally posted by bikescene

I have the Cube 60. It's as big as most 30W solid state amps and it's 32 lbs. For $350, it's great.

How do you guys set the EQ when you use the Classic Stack?

Used with my Anderson bridge humbucker :

Bass: 10:00 o'clock

Mid: 3:00 o'clock

Treble: 11:00 o'clock

Presence:12:00 o'clock

Gain 09:00 o'clock

Turn the volume up.

Gives a nice smooth, classic distortion without being too brittle-bright.

• Members

I like to set up drum machine loops and last week got the ROLAND KC-350 keyboard amp..... FREAKING AWESOME! It was that or try and set up my PA system in my lab....NOT!...so....the Roland was a perfect..heck better than perfect thing. SOunds like a dream and makes for jamming SOOO MUCH MORE FUN!
Any of those wanting to get an amp for your drum machine...turn to the KC series!
Depp warm tones, not harsh at all. looks to be build like a tank of course and they stole my blue LED.

LOL

rk
:D

• Members

I tried a bunch of entry level ss amps a while ago and the Roland Cube was easily the leader of the pack. I played a 30 though, the 60 hadn't been released then. Remember thinking it was quite good until I found a dusty Pro junior hidden away under a table somewhere behind some Hot Rods. Forgot about the Cube after that.

• Members

I think these amps are great for the money and seem pretty reliable given the price.

I have a Micro, and I love the reviews of it where some tool complains that it's not loud enough and the speaker farts out, and it's only useful for low practice. Makes me believe some places still use lead pipes.

It's a shame the ditched the Blues Cube range. Has anyone compare the two type of Cubes? Can you get BC sounds from the current Cube series?

• Members

I'm happy with the way mine sounds, it doesn't have the mojo of the modeled amps, but that's OK, I intentionally wanted something SS and light to practice with( which I do incessantly ) so I wouldn't burn up my choice NOS tubes in my other amps. It sounds good for what it is......the only thing that kinda bugged me is how expensive the footswitches were.

• Members

I've been contemplating a Cube 30 or a Cube 60 for a long, long time now. I have a Micro and it's good for what it is. I can actually use it in some jam session situations and for band practice. Even at gigs when I've hooked it up to the PA. My Maxi Mouse is still a better street music amp though.

What has impressed me from these Cubes is the clean channel. The JC Clean is one of the better cleans out there right now, to my ears at least and for the price it's very hard to beat.

• Members

Originally posted by Terje

I've been contemplating a Cube 30 or a Cube 60 for a long, long time now. I have a Micro and it's good for what it is. I can actually use it in some jam session situations and for band practice. Even at gigs when I've hooked it up to the PA. My Maxi Mouse is still a better street music amp though.

What has impressed me from these Cubes is the clean channel. The JC Clean is one of the better cleans out there right now, to my ears at least and for the price it's very hard to beat.

I can't speak for the Cube 30, but the Cube 60 is amazing. The clean channel is perfect for pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

I can't speak for the Cube 30, but the Cube 60 is amazing. The clean channel is perfect for pedals.

I found them to be almost identical, and the amp as a whole loves pedals. An SD-9, SM-9 or modded DS-1 into the JC Clean model sounds really good.

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

The clean channel is perfect for pedals.

The JC Clean is great as it is actually. Don't even need the onboard reverb to sweeten it up. One of the best cleans out there.

There is definitely a difference between the Cube 30 and the Cube 60. I'm not sure which one I prefer though.

Archived