Soundclips - Verbzilla, Guyatone VT-X... no noodlin', just chords.

Weatherbox

• Members

OKAY.

http://homepage.mac.com/weatherbox/Sounds/FileSharing30.html

Line 6 Verbzilla - samples of a few modes and settings. I'll do a test putting it up against a Fender tube tank if anyone's interested. Signal chain was ES335 - Verbzilla - AD900 AC30.

VTX - basically just sweeps through the control ranges. Firebird - VTX - AC30. Yes, it went out of tune. Banjo tuners were a terrible idea.

modulation mix - Firebird - Lovetone Doppelganger - Maxon AD900 - VTX - Verbzilla

there's some clipping; mp3 rip went a little sour and I was out of CDs to make a new copy to bring to the internet computer. Sorry.

• Members

The Verbzilla is pretty digital sounding to me. Kinda cool, but doesn't match a real tank or the EH Holy Grail. Of course, it also doesn't hum audibly or feed back when past 12 o clock like the Grail did... I'll keep it on my board for live use, but the reverb in deep settings sounds almost like distortion. It's easy to overdo it with this pedal.

• Members
Originally posted by Kid_A

that octave mode is the sound ive wanted all my life...

Well that and the sound of Sabrina the teenage witch whispering dirty things into my ear...

:(

Eammon.... you sound like a gay

:freak::p

I thought he did the verbzilla clips really professionally but damn he had a gay voice...

• Members

yeah, it's kind of like having a really cheesy new-age keyboardist playing along with you. which is, essentially, awesome. I like the pedal today more than I did yesterday; the more subtle sounds are pretty good. As it gets into the more extreme reverb tones, I start to feel a little let down. The middle of the dials seems to be the sweet spot - really long and really short times sound a little more obviously fake.

Archived