Lawsuit Les Pauls

• Members

70s and 80s lawsuit LPs are really cool, possibly better than gibbies of that vintage, and reasonably affordable.

I've got a Tokai Reborn old (1980), that is a very cool 58 lp clone. They are going on ebay for $900-1200.

If you are looking to spend less, but still get a cool guitar from that era, check out Burny, Edwards, and Greco. Those were made by the same folks that made MIJ fernandes, esp and ibanez stuff (respectively).

I played a burny metal flake flying v that was so funky it stunk. Truly wonderful.

• Members

i have a Pearl les paul clone.. it's named a custom export or something... i played a few gibsons and had 3 before... and with the exception of the gibson les paul studio (gold hardware, yah i know), the pearl beats them all... fast neck, mahony wood (it's the heaviest les paul i played), the pickups are a bit too hot though (apparently they are dimarzio)...

i love those "strange" lawsuit guitars.. i have a framus SG on the way...

{censored}, lost the picture..

• Members

Originally posted by digital

i have a Pearl les paul clone.. it's named a custom export or something... i played a few gibsons and had 3 before... and with the exception of the gibson les paul studio (gold hardware, yah i know), the pearl beats them all... fast neck, mahony wood (it's the heaviest les paul i played), the pickups are a bit too hot though (apparently they are dimarzio)...

i love those "strange" lawsuit guitars.. i have a framus SG on the way...

{censored}, lost the picture..

being a pearl pedal nut, i am truly envious of you...

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

being a pearl pedal nut, i am truly envious of you...

very often pearl guitars pop up at the german ebay...

there are tele, strat and i saw another les paul clone to... i think i'm gonna get one of those fender bassman clones to in the future... there are fender twin clones to...

• Members

Tokai, Edwards, Navigator, are all "lawsuit" outside the US, ie correct horn, dimensions etc... so just order one from outside the US.

Navigator > Gibson CS

Tokai >= Gibson CS

Edwards=Gibson std series.

BTW pay in mind that Tokai should be MIJ for the above to apply. MIK Tokais are better than MIK Epis though.

Archived