picking the right distortion pedal.

defense

• Members

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville 4 by 10 right now and it has always been really good for what I've been playing (indie type of stuff) but now I'm starting to dabble into metal-core and hardcore and I am looking for a pedal to give me a good metal sound. I am also going to college and paying my own way through so I have very little money. Something relativelly cheap but that will give me a nice HEAVY sound would be ideal.

Thanks!

• Members

You could also save money and invest in a closed-back or ported 12" extension cab, and utilize your amps distortion. That'll give you the chunky low end that's really hard to get with 4-10's utilizing any distortion pedal.

Avatar has a loaded 1-12 cab that can be ordered with a sealed back for $219.

• Members

Originally posted by defense

The deville has pretty horrible distortion I'm not sure that either of those things could cure it. I'm looking for something to run over the clean channel. Maybe I'm wrong though?

truth be told, i think its a pretty horrible amp overall, even for clean. but if you like it, that's all that matters.

an EQ pedal can definitely help that amp in all areas. add that, and maybe a RAT and you should be all set.

Archived