For those of you guys into post rock...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I've made a discovery I thought I should share... it's a band called Pele and the album is called "the nudes" and I gotta say, it's awesome!

I found them while looking up Eluvium and Saxon Shore, but they really don't sound like either of them... much quicker and a bit less epic if that makes sense... but good stuff all around

• Members

it just seems that pele's been around forever.

probably have... they are just new to me, and since I have yet to find many other people into this kinda stuff nearby, I have to find everything myself... definitely a slower process to say the least

help me out bro, lets turn this into a recommendation thread or something

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

yeah, they are going that direction here too... I see As I Lay Dying and Unearth shirts here and there... but it's nothing like in Fresno, the straightedge and emocore scene is blowing up at an ungodly pace...

Aye. Used to live in Bako, so I know all about it...Ever few years, corporate music world has to come up with some new testosterone-fueled music for all the jocks to listen to. Emo-core-screamo is simply Nu-metal's replacement. This time it's especially wierd because the jocks are wearing girl-pants.

Actually, I guess that already happened in the 80's with hair-metal.

See my point?

• Members

Uhhh... did someone tell me wrong when they said Godspeed You Black Emperor and A Silver Mt. Zion are post rock? Cause those are two freakin awesome groups. Nothing comes halfway to touching the atmosphere they create with their music to me.

• Members

Originally posted by Clypher

Uhhh... did someone tell me wrong when they said Godspeed You Black Emperor and A Silver Mt. Zion are post rock? Cause those are two freakin awesome groups. Nothing comes halfway to touching the atmosphere they create with their music to me.

nope. that's post-rock alright.

and "freakin awesome" indeed.

of course "post-rock" is a very open term, nowadays usually referring to mogwai/godspeeed style stuff--aka "chamber rock." originally it referred to stereolab and portishead--bands that didn't rock out and made use of electronica and film music elements.

Archived