Who's got a Captain Coconut 2?

gr8fuldodd

• Members

I'm more or less out of the market for a product like this, but it does seem to be such a great pedal.

I love the ability to control the order of effects

the switchable fuzz cards

and other stuff I'm too lazy to type about

it just seems like a fantastic idea and pedal

• Members

The CC2 is a great unit. I've used mine several times. Not on a gig or as a main unit. I've not tried the order-switching feature...but our new Tone Workstation has such a feature. I think his is actually a bit better design for switching order, in ours you have to use the jumper cables....I can't remember but I think on his it's needed only if you want to change the order.
With the moveS....I've not seem my unit in about 6-9 months! ;-(
Great build quality for sure!
rk

• Members

Originally posted by Cow4prez

i had one.

all three pedals were sweet, if you are into that jimi type sound.

There is so much more than Jimi in that pedal....I bought it for the Jimi and was pleasantly surprised. I rarely even play Jimi stuff; mosty fusiony jazz, blues, rock, country, shred but I love the CC2.

Provibe just oozes in tone and the variety of chorus, vibe, vibrato sounds are quite amazing. The center control is the key to the variety. I use it a lot for old school country, floyd and a lot of the time I just leave the width at zero and use it to enhance my tone.

Fuzz is a very very good unit that responds very well to the guitars controls. The sounds in it range from clean to scream with the twist of the guitar knob. The grit control allows you to really fine tune the fuzz sound you have in your head whether it be super smooth EJ sounds or that ripping velco full fuzz that is quite overboard. Fuzzfoot has shelved my original Tonebender.

Octave is great and I use it a lot more than I figured. Mostly I dial back my guitar volume so the octave actually only produces overtones on sustained notes which blossom into feedback. The full on Jimi octave sounds are in there too.

Patch controlling is awesome because the vibe sounds really different on either side of the fuzz. You can also put effects between them which is nice. I run the fuzz out to a Boost Channel of the Zim pedal and then into the vibe and out to the Distortion Channel of the Zim....very nice.

I am really happy with the CC2 and I don't even have the speed pedal which makes it even cooler.

Archived